Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Women in Paintball !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
gonna have to disagree with you here, buddha...

Originally posted by sensei

backplayers are responsible for a few different tasks (at least more than front players):

1.) protect their front players...
2.) clear lanes for their front players to move...
3.) call the shots (for a push or a defensive position depending on what the situation is) 'cuz they have more vision of the field...
4.) protect that flag (points for the first pull are imperative to acquire that MAX... you don't want to give it to the opposition).
5.) and finally, the key to success... communication.
Yeah yeah, I know, I play back......
Trust me, the things you say are NOT multitasking. It's all doable within a single glance, with a minimum amount of headmovement, therefore requiring no shift of focus/concentration. Plus they are all actions that appeal to our hunting instincts. If you consider that list multitasking, then shooting your marker and chewing gum at the same time is the epitome of multitasking. :D

Trust me on this one, okay.......

JustBeenBunkered

Nov 27, 2001
Visit site
Yeah you're right, I guess it's just hard for me to visualize the field, communicate, and shoot at the same time (I guess, really the only 3 things you need to do at once)... sometimes I get it right, but other times I'll forget where people are when I make a move... but that can happen to anyone, right?

But really, I don't care who's better and who isn't, but the whole interest level difference is probably the long-term issue at hand, more than any inherent characteristics. Get more women to play more often, and we'll have more, better paintballers (male and female) and be happier as a whole. Can it really be that simple?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Hmmmmmm

One of the reasons I started this thread was because I wanted to see how far 'PC thinking' had pervaded our sport.
When any subject like this erupts, you always get the radical-feminist response that goes something like,

'Of course women are equal, they can do as well as men in anything, you are being sexist for even implying they can't, the only reason we (women) haven't done as well is because you men have kept us down'

I was glad to say that we didn't get that crack-head response in this thread although I think we did touch on it a few times.
As Sparklie Chick mentioned, I think most guy's responses (for the most part) were pretty cool, pragmatic and encouraging, and the girl's responses (for the most part) much the same and weren't too embroiled in PC hogwash.
My final words would be, rather than trying to equate entities that are impossible to compare (on a like for like basis) we should just accept the qualities in both, the Froggies (French to you Yanks) summed it all up for me in, 'Vive la difference’!!
I'm all for consolidating that difference rather than trying to bridge it :)
Robbo

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by JustBeenBunkered
Yeah you're right, I guess it's just hard for me to visualize the field, communicate, and shoot at the same time (I guess, really the only 3 things you need to do at once)... sometimes I get it right, but other times I'll forget where people are when I make a move... but that can happen to anyone, right?

But really, I don't care who's better and who isn't, but the whole interest level difference is probably the long-term issue at hand, more than any inherent characteristics. Get more women to play more often, and we'll have more, better paintballers (male and female) and be happier as a whole. Can it really be that simple?
That last paragraph hit it spot on, I think. Although I must add that the interest level is caused by some of these characteristics. I'm not so sure we'll be happier as a whole if more women were to play. It's hard enough to focus on the game as it is......:D
Also, men hate losing to women, more women playing means more chances of losing to women. :D You do the math.....

Life is really simple though. It's there, we don't know why, might as well enjoy it.........well, that's my philosophy anyway.

Sophiewilson

Sep 12, 2001
Surrey
Visit site
Very Interesting !!!

I have to agree with some of you blokes on some aspects but on the aggressive side. Have you ever played against a women who is serioulsy hacked off??? I know the lads at Campaign no to keep well away from me if i'm in not such a good mood !!!

Both sex's have skills which contribute to being a darn good paintballer.

Yes, men are more likely to get into the sport, the only reason I did is because I had a boyfriend who played it.
I began Marshalling so I could see him more!!!
I played my first tourny at Temple by complete fluck when one of the team got injured, been hooked ever since.
I wouldn't have a clue how to get into the sport unless the Guys had helped me.

You guys shouldn't feel threatened by us playing but instead take us under your wing instead.

Look forward to meeting you all, Robbo you scare me after you exibition at Campaign Cup so keep AWAY !!!

Laters

:p :) :p :D ;) :eek: :p

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Miss -understood !!!

Originally posted by Sophiewilson

Look forward to meeting you all, Robbo you scare me after you exibition at Campaign Cup so keep AWAY !!!

Laters

:p :) :p :D ;) :eek: :p
Sophie (Miss-Understood), what the hell are you talking about?
I'm just a puppy dog at heart.....I'm deeply offended !!!
Robbo :)

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Pete the Puppy Dog!!!!

Pete
All I have to say on the subject is...... If more women were involved we would not see you for dust! What was it you always said in the shop? I remember "If I ever get shot by a women I will quit playing" So were do you stand on it now. Think about it the Robbo getting shot my someone who should be making him tea. Or has Deb mellowed you out over the past few years?

Just my thought.

See Ya

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Pete the Puppy Dog!!!!

Originally posted by Andy Piper
Pete
All I have to say on the subject is...... If more women were involved we would not see you for dust! What was it you always said in the shop? I remember "If I ever get shot by a women I will quit playing" So were do you stand on it now. Think about it the Robbo getting shot my someone who should be making him tea. Or has Deb mellowed you out over the past few years?

Just my thought.

See Ya
Hmmm, as always Pipes, you put me on the spot !!!!!
Hmmm, how shall I answer your question and my integrity (if there is any left) still remain intact ?
Suffice to say, Deb has mellowed me, yes, BUT NOT TO THE POINT WHERE I GO WUSSY BOY OR SOFT !!!!!!!!!!!
And of course she makes a damn fine cup of tea :)
Robbo
PS Pipes , did ya notice how I skipped round a certain section of your post ? Hee hee, I know which sides my bread's buttered....know how? Coz she showed me after she had done it for me :)

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
As always

Pete
Nice too see that Deb has had an impact on your life. She has tamed the Hard Man into let me think.... WUSSY BOY!

Your right about the tea she does make an excellent cup!
So where do you stand on being shot by a women? Come on answer the question!!!!!
:D ;) :D :D