Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

WOODLAND or Suppair

Horlicks

Mar 6, 2008
I have returned to Paintball after an absence of about ten years. And shock Horror, Guess what ? Virtually all the tourneys are Suppair. With very few Woodland tourneys (Down South anyway). I have decieded to try and get all you lazy devils back to basics, and restart WOODLAND Events as they are much more fun than playing the same suppair field, time after time after time.
How can any game be any different if you have to make the same shape to stop the opposition getting to it first?????????????????????

We are starting woodland training for all you budding teams who wish to learn how to play in the woods(paintball that is) So get off your fat suppair arses and start contacting woodland sites and ask them if they are doing any tournaments or training days ...... Or contact me.

Even better reply to this thread, with your ideas !!!

Supp air was going to be the saviour of Paintball with TV interested etc..
What happened ? Not a bloody lot, as far as i can see, British paintball skills went out the window with markers that fire 25 balls a second, so you rely on Quantity not accuracy. Great if you sell paint. Crap if you play
LETS HAVE SOME FEEDBACK.

HORLICKS

eastie

SoManc. Live Forever.
Apr 13, 2006
SoManc
www.myspace.com
I have returned to Paintball after an absence of about ten years. And shock Horror, Guess what ? Virtually all the tourneys are Suppair. With very few Woodland tourneys (Down South anyway). I have decieded to try and get all you lazy devils back to basics, and restart WOODLAND Events as they are much more fun than playing the same suppair field, time after time after time.
How can any game be any different if you have to make the same shape to stop the opposition getting to it first?????????????????????

We are starting woodland training for all you budding teams who wish to learn how to play in the woods(paintball that is) So get off your fat suppair arses and start contacting woodland sites and ask them if they are doing any tournaments or training days ...... Or contact me.

What happened ? Not a bloody lot, as far as i can see, British paintball skills went out the window with markers that fire 25 balls a second, so you rely on Quantity not accuracy. Great if you sell paint. Crap if you play
LETS HAVE SOME FEEDBACK.

HORLICKS
Harsh. I think you need to think about what your saying here.

Time has changed big time, and Supair has taken over. It wouldnt of taken over if nobody wanted to play it, so supair has obviously been proven to be more popular in the UK.

'Crap if you play'.... How would you know, you clearly don't actually play Supair, so why comment on it?

'So get off your fat suppair arses'...... Supair is a much faster game than woodland, which clearly requires a higher fitness level than woodland... Comprende??

Anyway, use the search button, theres about a thousand threads about who prefers which.

JTD1993

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2007
Chatham, Medway, Kent, UK.

LETS HAVE SOME FEEDBACK.

HORLICKS
"Fat supair arses" - How about running 2 meters to the first tree
Paintball is on TV in the US.. move there if you want to watch it
They're actually 12ish BPS, now thats more than half your estimate..
Accuracy is probably one of the key points,, try shooting someone in the snake if your paint whizzes off in different directions.

I say "No thank you.."

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
1)How can any game be any different if you have to make the same shape to stop the opposition getting to it first?????????????????????

We are starting woodland training for all you budding teams who wish to learn how to play in the woods(paintball that is) 2)So get off your fat suppair arses and start contacting woodland sites and ask them if they are doing any tournaments or training days ...... Or contact me.

What happened ? Not a bloody lot, as far as i can see, 3)British paintball skills went out the window with markers that fire 25 balls a second, so you rely on Quantity not accuracy. Great if you sell paint. Crap if you play
LETS HAVE SOME FEEDBACK.

HORLICKS
Couple of points you seem to be missing...

1) Seems to work charms for other sports.

2) Way more fat people in woodsball than Sup'Air...

3) Just switching to some field covered in leaves and stumps won't make the guns stop firing stupendously fast.

Many of us still enjoy the odd spot of woodsball (hell, I played a woodland tournament only last november), but your arguments against Sup'Air and for woodsball are somewhat flawed.

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
2 pence worth

1>i have a fat arse
2>i used to play woods ball
3>i haven't played woods since i first walked on a supair field
4>sup air rocks <imo>

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
And just like the real drink ,best to read this thread before bedtime it's sure to make you Yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwn...

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
Move up north and do the ionman tourney, rotates monthly from woodsball (universal, newcastle) to supair (NSPA, catterick) then you get to do them both..... I personally have never done supair, so I'm looking forward to getting spanked(not) by regular airballers

BOX

Oct 3, 2003
Kent
www.babyteeth.freeserve.co.uk

LETS HAVE SOME FEEDBACK.

HORLICKS
LOL.. the phrase with the words cat and pigeons comes to mind here.

Horlicks, I think is just trying to get a bit of a rise out of you all I think but he does have some valid points.
One thing you all need to understand is that paintball was not taken out of the woods by the players, it was an industry decision based on the premise that it would gain TV air time and then that would encourage outside sponsorship. This was all initiated by the industry people, not the players. All through the 90s we had speed ball that ran along side a woodland scene, Supair is just what evolved from speedball but the powers that be at the time saw more money in a game that could be a spectator sport and so pulled out of woodland tournaments. A poor show IMO. I don’t see why you all cant see that both parts of.. and I’ll say this in capitals.. THE SAME SPORT, are valid.
Now personally I like playing both and I don’t see why some “pro” Supair players dismiss woodland games, the truth is that woodland takes a much more varied skill set than Supair, as Holicks says, each supair game is the same thing over and over and over again with very little variation. Run to you first cover lay a **** load down your lane regardless of if you can see anything to shoot at and hope that your team takes numbers first.
I would challenge any supair team to a woodland game against seasoned woodland players from the 90s, all running semi and I would guarantee 9 times out of 10 the woodland players will win 
As for ramping.. well I’ll just say this, Sid Spittle is back playing Supair with his Mech Pred cocker and by all accounts is whooping peoples arses and I bet he is smiling far more at the end of the day when it come to settling up his bill too…
Any Muppet cant ramp, takes skill to one shot your opponents..

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
i love how people who play supair can play woodland pretty damn well, but those who play woodland can't play supair and moan about it constantly. That seems to explain the hierarchy pretty clearly to me anyway. cya

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
takes skill to one shot your opponents..
Jeremy Salm was always a personal hero of mine you know.

Anyway, it's a BS argument.

Super Air 7 man or X Ball was / is / should be a minority format for the very best paintballers, not played by the average enthsiast. Sup Air enjoyoed a huge and artificial growth spurt in the UK because the supply of bullets is out of control and virtually any no name punter could claim to be a "playa" and get bullets at near wholesale prices. Unfortunately these no name punter's are also the most vociferous, whom when it really come down to it had no game and no longevity in the sport.

To play Sup Air you either need to be good or committed and that is why we're seeing movement back to the woods or fun based paintball.

Shoot more, shoot less is all a pile of cack, paintball has c*cks on either side of the equation. Just play whatever you want and be happy.