Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

WOODSBALL not SCENARIO!!!!

phillips

bite me
May 21, 2006
As far away from you as possible
Ok I wanted to get everyones opinions on basicly woodsball becoming a competitive leauge in America they already have a semi woodsball leauge.
Now I am an avid woodsballer but cannot enter in competition since there arnt any.
I also get REALLY P*SSED off at people saying ot me that I play army when infact I have nothing to do with mil sim, anyone who has been in the army will tell you paintball and beign in the armed forces does not compare.
I use an nagel 04 speed how is this "playing army".
Me and my team use tactics and varying manouvirs thing sliek strong sides. We however are not playing army just because we happen to enjoy playing in awoodland environment rather than a sup air field.
Just post your thought sorry if this has been posted before but search button isnt working for me :confused:
I want to get this straight though there is and should be a clear line between scenario games( e.g. big games) and purly woodsball games( they have no military emulation what so ever).
It just gets me how I get flamed for something I dont take part in, and that its called rec- ball when if there was a competition style set up I would definatly take part as im sure many others would do.

Niox

Mercenary Squirrel
From what I can decypher (sp) from your post:

In the UK there aren't that many Woodsballers around, they are either Tourney/Speedballers or Rec-Ballers and unlike the US there is no proven market for the SPPL type game so it would be a great risk to a company to organise an event and then have no one turn up.

As for the Milsim thing I agree, as you know I have had the same problem with people assuming that because I wear camo I must be playing military.. :eek:

phillips

bite me
May 21, 2006
As far away from you as possible
lol

The dagger is a POSITION in a woodsball team, much like a front player for torny.
I dont see how that is really military presentation myself but it is a widely known term for a position.
I an a Dagger I ghost flank and take up point and do flag runs. ( mil sim games arnt based on this aspect in this case it is mor elike torny ball.)

slipperysquid

Apr 3, 2005
Hull E.Yorks
Visit site
Try genesis mate, it's a blast and takes woodsball to the next level!
You can see if your tactics really work against another team that wants to win as much as you ;)
Cya on the field fella!

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
phillips said:
The dagger is a POSITION in a woodsball team, much like a front player for torny.
I dont see how that is really military presentation myself but it is a widely known term for a position.
I an a Dagger I ghost flank and take up point and do flag runs. ( mil sim games arnt based on this aspect in this case it is mor elike torny ball.)
Clearly spending too much time on the SpecOps forums ;)
"Flank"? " Take up Point"? Careful now, very military terminolgy there.