Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Worn head problem

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
Right well on the timmy eye covers theres 2 little screws, unfortunately my ones have very little in the head to unscrew them with, all using an alan key does is wear them down more,

no1) How would I go removing these?

no2) Where could I get some more? Ive called national paintball supply but theyre looking at 2 weeks to get some.

Thanks
Bon

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
right this is a bugger but the way i did it was to find the next size up and give the allen key a good hit with a hammer to get the key in there then you can remove,,,,,,

hope your head recovers :p

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
few methods on removing them,

1. glue an allen key in over night come back next day unscred as normal and replace worked for me.

2. put allen key in, bit of sideways pressure and turn keeping the pressure on, sort of like stiring soup, keep the allen key pushed out and make a big circle.

3. dangerous and probaly more of a problem than solution, drill it out,

4. heat up the allen key making it expand and then slot it in

i know the top one is plausible

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
this one always works.

Get a sharp center punch and a hammer. Sounds scary, but trust me it works every time. Lay the marker on a padded surface (tea towel on a kitchen table) so the screw head is flat, then place the sharp center punch at 12 o'clock and about a millimeter in from the edge. Then tilt the center punch to the right at about 45 degrees, and tap the screw anticlockwise with the center punch, this will free the screw instantly. The skill is knowing just how hard to tap the center punch.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Tom Allen said:
this one always works.

Get a sharp center punch and a hammer. Sounds scary, but trust me it works every time. Lay the marker on a padded surface (tea towel on a kitchen table) so the screw head is flat, then place the sharp center punch at 12 o'clock and about a millimeter in from the edge. Then tilt the center punch to the right at about 45 degrees, and tap the screw anticlockwise with the center punch, this will free the screw instantly. The skill is knowing just how hard to tap the center punch.
Or...if you lke, find a suitable sized slotted screwdriver an dbung that in teh hole...it bangs in easy, beinga wedge..then moles or really good grip, shoulder directly over the driver, like they teach you in gunsmithing school...and turn!

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Tom Allen said:
this one always works.

Thats what the LIPs guys use, I want one of those punches :)
I was considering using the superglue & allen key earlier...

I've got a set of Japanese phone 8 sided star keys for my old phone- they do a pretty good job on rounded allen key screws etc, sometimes :rolleyes:.

Never thought about heating the allen key up, good idea!

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
hehe thanks for the help guys

will be going down the route of epoxy resin... because I can be destrustive with it after :D

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
hehe thanks for the help guys

will be going down the route of epoxy resin... because I can be destrustive with it after :D