Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Would pball benefit more if it had a UKPA?

ices

Banned
Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Im no expert and im quite possibly gonna get ignored but would paintball benefit as a sport if the UKPSF was renamed to the UKPA?
Along the lines of the FA to be precise.

I was thinking about this as the BBC recognised the PA cup a bit more than the other tournaments (MM Series 2k3, CC etc) and seeing that the PA has only been around for what? 1-2 yrs?

Would a Paintball Association make it alot easier for us to get the sports council to see it as a legitimate sport?

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
yeah thats not a bad suggestion and can see what you mean about it being recognised better.

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Originally posted by ||Ices||
Would a Paintball Association make it alot easier for us to get the sports council to see it as a legitimate sport?
I'm afraid the answer to this is a resounding "No"

The Sports Council freely admits that under their own definition (as laid down in the European Sports Charter) that we have a "good argument" that Paintball is a sport, the problem is that we are not an activity that they wish to "develop" or "associate" with. It might be worth noting that they have turned down every sport applying for recognition since they got lottery funding

Many of the Sports already recognised by the Councils are governed by Federations not Associations. Our problem with UKSport is not one of semantics but rather the fact they don't want to have anything to do with us... unless we want to hire one of their stadiums of course :rolleyes:

At the moment I am in contact with the Head of Sport at the DCMS (Department of Culture Media & Sport) having gone above the Sports Councils (UKSport/Sport England) heads.