Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wpl Debut Sets New Benchmark

Rocky Knuth

Naughty Dog
Feb 27, 2003
US
www.naughtydogs.us
Ya I agree Robbo! I do want to keep the "SPORT" part of paintball PURE or at least as much of the same competition that we do today! Thats why I do it! BEU- Never meet him, but I know the DC production was less then exciting. I think if they would of filmed games under different circumstances that could of been successfull because Xball is super exciting. Its almost like the NXL fields got slowed down or something(more bunkers and less lanes)? I know the DIV fields where pretty fast this year.

Chi,

Your right on! But on the actual playing field there is no flashing lights or guys running around in costumes. It was actualy VERY bright. The flashing lights where on the outside.
The one thing that milt did and stressed was inside the cage he wanted to keep it "paintball" like we know it.
But on the outside there is more glitter, smoke, lights, females ect....

All in all with filming things changed. We felt it in Miami and we felt it at the UAPL.

Rocky

Originally posted by shamu
AND1 Basketball on ESPN? Or Extreme Dodgeball on Comedy Central? Right now I think it could go either way.

I'd start worrying if they ask teams to dress up in "cool" outfits and portray them as "the nerd team" or "the all-girls team".

oh wait, they already have the last one, don't they :rolleyes:

nothing against the girls/ladies/female gender. I think paintball is actually one of the most gender neutral sports. My point is the way it's being promoted in the recent press releases. If the ratings are low, will they start pushing easy marketing ideas like "the alternative lifestyle" team from san francisco, or "the cowboy team" from texas?
We could have a police team, a construction worker team, an army team, a biker team and an Indian team...

Hey, I feel a song coming on.

Rocky Knuth

Naughty Dog
Feb 27, 2003
US
www.naughtydogs.us
Shamu,

Man.. I hope it doesnt come to that. If the world could just agree on a Xball **TYPE format... I think thats exciting enough.

**Disclaimier: I'm not saying that 7 man isnt it or XBALL is it. Its just we need to come to a compromise because both formats have there pro's and cons. But with the Xball TYPE format it gives us chances as players to be more aggressive with less penality.

Rocky

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
I always wondered how XBall would play with 6 or 7 guys. I think that's one thing Steve may have right. The strategy of 7-man, with the aggression of a timed, multi-point format.

Xball probably isn't "it". But some sort of format with a game clock and a score is, and xball has been what people have been willing to throw money behind, and ceertainly isn't bad either.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Chicago
I always wondered how XBall would play with 6 or 7 guys. I think that's one thing Steve has right. The strategy of 7-man, with the aggression of a timed, multi-point format.
Drifting off topic a real question would be field dimension and design if you added bodies to Xball cus given the present standards 7-man Xball would be a bloodbath--at least that's the way I'd be tempted to play it.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Drifting off topic a real question would be field dimension and design if you added bodies to Xball cus given the present standards 7-man Xball would be a bloodbath--at least that's the way I'd be tempted to play it.
And there's something wrong with that because.... ;)

stevej

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
cool paintball on TV havent people been trying to do that for ages

maybe making it flashy etc and killing what we love about the game will make it **** but why are people moaning if they nail it other networks will get involved because they are all after ratings

they wont be able to do 3 man because its taken so they come up with something inovative like 5 man x ball or 7 man

everyone will gain

new people may want to find out more about the sport get, on the net, and find out there are other formats, in some of they may get the opportunity to play those same teams that are on TV, that might motivate people to play, what other sport can you do that!

what every paintballer in the US should do is watch it get their friends to watch it and try make it a success

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Originally posted by TJ Lambini
We could have a police team, a construction worker team, an army team, a biker team and an Indian team...

Hey, I feel a song coming on.
Y Make Cynical Admonishments?

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
Y Make Cynical Admonishments?
because its funny?
I mean come on - that didn't create an amusing picture for you?
Certainly gave me a giggle.

I think the Army team would win, and I will go out on a limb and say I think the red indians would get beat up, especially after lunch when the fire-water started taking effect. Also those head-dresses would stick out like a sore thumb, and make it difficult to work those front bunkers effectively. The construction workers would prolly suck too, but they would be good in a fight and would doubtless cheat like mad too, although thier games woudl never finish on time of course.....

I am sure the post-game showers would be a place to avoid though.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by Missy Q
because its funny?
I mean come on - that didn't create an amusing picture for you?
Certainly gave me a giggle.
I think you may have missed that his atypical spelling of "Why" was significant. ;)