Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wtf!!!

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
But I thought the point was to mod the marker to increase it's looks and take that as far as you can right?
that makes a tool into art yeah? I get that, but cutting, carving and enhancing until it is no longer a viable marker? well I'd call that "breaking" it.
So why do it to a marker? just use some old coke cans or a shopping trolley, that'd impress me, modding a shopping trolley 'till it looked like a marker.

But modding a marker until it's broken? I do that all the time, some call it art, most call me careless.

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
I can see modding something like this as an example of your skills. Put it up on your display wall and let people be awed by your amazing skills :D

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
But I thought the point was to mod the marker to increase it's looks and take that as far as you can right?
that makes a tool into art yeah? I get that, but cutting, carving and enhancing until it is no longer a viable marker? well I'd call that "breaking" it.
So why do it to a marker? just use some old coke cans or a shopping trolley, that'd impress me, modding a shopping trolley 'till it looked like a marker.

But modding a marker until it's broken? I do that all the time, some call it art, most call me careless.
no the point of modding a marker in you eyes is to increase its looks.

and what in turn is breaking a gun in your eyes, is art in his eyes.

its not as if he is acciedently rendering it useless, like i said its what floats your boat.

if he could do it with coke cans and shopping trolleys that would be impressive, but as the whole point of what he is doing (imo), which is making a pb gun look totally recogniseable from all others, then coke cans and shopping trolleys would be an instant shortcut for producing the desired effect.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
So, reducing it to a state that no longer resembles or functions as a marker? that's not unique mate

Ever seen a shocker 03? :)

Still stand by my original thoughts....... carving a marker into something that's no longer a marker has nothing to do with paintball....... call it art if you will, but it's not modding a marker is it? it's breaking a marker to produce "art".

And he didn't intend for it to end up non functioning.like he said " I think I've taken so much off it's no longer safe to fire".

Stopping just before you've gone to far is craftsmanship, taking that extra step is just pointless.

Just look at Michael Jackson.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
End of the day, he fell foul to the laws of the land.
The same laws that saw a team enter the country,
play a full tournement and then have all thier markers
confiscated as they were leaving the country and to date
I believe they still ain't got them back.

Yet we still hold international tournements there. :confused: