Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

WWII paintball gun analogy...

Micah

M-1 Garand = Autococker: longer range more accurate

Thompson SMG = Angel: Faster short range less accurate

BAR = Electro Cocker: Range and accuracy of M-1 almost as fast as Thompson SMG

Been playing a lot of video games lately ... so this was on my mind ...

-Micah

rockon_1

( .)( .)
Oct 15, 2001
indoors
Visit site
usually reputations are at least somewhat based on the truth . the cocker is problably superbly balanced meaning its more comfortable to shoot thus explaining why people are more accurate with it . Mwahahaha im just making stuff up but oh well i may be right .

Manning26

How about the fact that accuracy in paintball is dictated by how consistent your gun is? So as long as your Stingray is shooting consistent 280s, and my Autococker's +/- is about 10fps, the Stingray's got me. Savvy? Still unsure about the whole 'Cocker range issue, maybe that one with the Flatline system.;)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Manning26
How about the fact that accuracy in paintball is dictated by how consistent your gun is? So as long as your Stingray is shooting consistent 280s, and my Autococker's +/- is about 10fps, the Stingray's got me. Savvy? Still unsure about the whole 'Cocker range issue, maybe that one with the Flatline system.;)
Funny thing is when people who have been playing with a cocker for a while and argued the whole physics thing to non believer's then swap to an electro and say they notice a differance in distance and accuracy. I can understand the accuracy thing new marker not used to holding/aiming but distance?!?!? I'm confused
:confused:

Paul.

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by rancid
sterling = 303 enfield
splatmaster = luger
Robbo = Goering

Yep, it's all beginning to make sense now.
LMAO!

Anyway . . . me being a firm physics believer that all gun had same range and accuracy if running consistantly at 280 etc. I'm who paul is talkin about!

Me being a devout cocker user I made the change to an Eclipse Bushy (soon Angel as well :D ) and i've gotta say i noticed a definate difference in range and accuracy! :eek: This being based on playing the same field on difference occasions....my old cocker i could easily shoot from one side of the field to the other but I had to angle the bushy up to get similar distance!! Also on the target range I easily hit small target with 1 shot with the cocker but not with the bushy. . . . although the target range I except that could be me not used to aiming the Bushy. . . . .

Both Bushy and Cocker shooting round the 285's!

Go figure!! I to am confused!!!! But i guess the up n coming torney will give me more of an idea!!

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Originally posted by steve_e

LMAO!

Anyway . . . me being a firm physics believer that all gun had same range and accuracy if running consistantly at 280 etc. I'm who paul is talkin about!

Me being a devout cocker user I made the change to an Eclipse Bushy (soon Angel as well :D ) and i've gotta say i noticed a definate difference in range and accuracy! :eek: This being based on playing the same field on difference occasions....my old cocker i could easily shoot from one side of the field to the other but I had to angle the bushy up to get similar distance!! Also on the target range I easily hit small target with 1 shot with the cocker but not with the bushy. . . . although the target range I except that could be me not used to aiming the Bushy. . . . .

Both Bushy and Cocker shooting round the 285's!

Go figure!! I to am confused!!!! But i guess the up n coming torney will give me more of an idea!!
I partially agree. I believe that based on all other factors being the same, two markers that shoot at the same velocity will shoot the same distance. It seems that many people argue that one gun is more accurate( precise: accuracy is the product of the user ) than the other, but they base their opinion on shooting markers without reproducing all the factors. The same accuracy argument occurs when speaking about closed vs. open bolt markers. Warpig did a test by modifying a Stingray to shoot in both open and closed bolt form, and the myth was destroyed. All other factors were virtually identical, since the same paint was being shot through the same gun. I'm leaving a link that shows all the trouble they went through to eliminate as many other factors as possible from interfering with the data. I realize that the accuracy arguments (closed vs open bolt, Shocker vs. Cocker, Angel vs. Cocker)will continue, regardless of the data, since everyone feels their gun is more accurate than the next. Unfortunately you can't convince me. :)
Check out the link:
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/balistic/closedopen.shtml

P.S. Manning, sorry to add fuel to the fire :D

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
Inferno, I complete agreed with you! I ain't trying convince anyone with it but it just seemed weird! The cocker fairies must of been at work! lol

And to adding a bit more fuel :D . . . . I was using a longer barrel (14" Boomy compared to 10" Freak!) on the bushy!! :eek: :confused: (i don't believe the length of barrel argument either!)

:confused: