Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X-Mag vs Angel

jonhaley

Jun 24, 2002
N/A
OK, its new marker time for me and I've pretty much narrowed it down to X-mag vs Angel LCD/4.

I've had several mags in the past so am leaning towards that just cos I know the quality and customer service of AGD

I'd be interested in people's opinions of the two, particularly if you have actually used both markers.

Cheers for your thoughts guys :) :)

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
The most honest answer is try both and then decide.

You're going to get a whole lot of of fans of both designs give you their reasons you should go for thier choice, probably whilst dissing the other option with horror stories of when they owned an Angel/Mag and it was the worst piece of crap ever.

I've never owned a Mag of any flavor, because I just can't get on with them, I seem to have a mental block with being able to play well with them. I've tried them from Classics to E-Mags and have decided that they're just not the marker for me. That's a personal choice and not a reflection on the Mag.

Against that, I like Angels: cosmetically, maintainability & performance-wise I do not believe there is a better overall package. I've owned one since they first came out (Angel LED #0049! :)), have used every model up to and including the Angel 4 & still use them on the rare occasion I play. I've had an Angel that wasn't all it could be out of the box, but a couple of parts swapped and it was fine. Equally, I've had Angels that seem to perform way beyond spec. WDP's support is superb with Angel techs hiding under every rock, so on the occasion that you have a problem, there's a good chance you'll have it sorted on the same day.

So try both and then choose the Angel! :)

Now, we just need to wait for some fool to start blathering about Vikings and E-Blades. ;) :D

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
threadjack

so just how good is the ir4
i have nearly persuaded my mrs into not leaving me if i get a new marker;)
i was thinking about a viking or excaliber,but now ive seen the ir4 i might just stick to angels:D :D

NBR

Tiger Army 1st Battallion
Oct 1, 2002
London
Visit site
Jon,

you know which way i would push you... only simply because of what most people use on your team... thats always a good point... coz if you don't have the part/knowledge needed to fix it someone else will!:D

And you've had a go on my Speed!!! NICE!

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
I personally prefer the X-mag, which is handy as I play for storm :D .
with the level 10 bolt and the electronic eye its virtually impossible to get a break in the breach.

I always thought having angel techs at events gives the impression of `our guns break regularly enough to warrant on hand techs`.

but as said before I am probably biased.

best bet would be try them both, the A4 does look very pretty.

LEE RED HEAT

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Visit site
A4

i would say the A4 thumbs up top marker i have always had angels and had very few problems i am a angel tech myself but what i have fount is most problems start with people messing and tinkering then it all goes wrong then we have to put it right but its like all markers if you had a tech stand for every marker on the market then people would be at the stand but dont forget the tech stand is not only there for repairs it is also there to service the markers and also most people that dont mess with there markers like to have there markers set up properley and like trigger jobs etc and this is also what the support techs do but i used my a4 at campaign and it was like a mowing machine really consistant over chrono also by using the volumisers which come with the kit you can shoot very fragile paint and drop your input pressure right down absolutly top marker all you have to do is ask yourself which is the top team in the world dynasty and which marker do they shoot (ANGELS) speaks for itself. but if you go to any events and you see us red heat come over and see me ime sure i could let you have a rip on my lovely A4 for a game see you soon mate;)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
If you've decided on only looking at those 2 markers (both of which are excellent;)) then you really need to try them out. Both will rain paint where you want it and both markers have their plus and minus points, at the end of the day they each have a completley different feel which you may love or hate.

Both have excellent customer service and both can be sorted in the UK. I speak to the WDP guys a bit with being a dealer and all, but when I had my X-mag I never thought twice about speaking to Jackie or John at AGDE, lovely people!

You have to ignore the 'pro team comments' when you get to this level of marker a pro team would happily shoot either marker. There's more to it then that, you don't think Dynasty just get their guns for free and that's it do you?

All I'll say is that I'm a reall sucka for the space frame, so damn comfy!! ;)

Paul
:)

ChrisWhiteSTEL

Mile High Club
Oct 21, 2002
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
Some people think when seeing an Angel tent at Nov. Tournaments and upwards means their markers are unreliable and more prone to breaking down.

I believe this is not the case, as i would prefer to look at it as a helping hand for players. Not every tourney player has time to attend an Angel Tech class and learn how to do the necessary. Even so, some people simply dont have the ability (not dissin any owners out there) to maintain them and would prefer if someone had a look who knew whats what.

Angels and X-mags rule... they both shoot paint fast and get the job done.

Try em out and give em a go! :D