Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

04 Intimidator board stuff...

scoobytgi

WebMonkey
Dec 30, 2005
Clacon-on-Sea
www.inspiredwebspaces.co.uk
I bought an Empire intimidator at the weekend, all aired up and shooting fast (obscenely so :D), but only appears to have uncapped semi on the board. I'm hoping it can be reprogrammed/flashed/gouged out with a spoon or something which might wedge some modes and/or adjustability in to its shiney clamshell grips.

It must be said I was very impressed at how efficient it was out of the box even after I basically set it up blind, with no idea of settings - this thing is uber quite (like DM quiet) and very efficient, and very, very, very fast! Almost glad I only bought it in the afternoon as I don't think I could have afforded a full day's worth of paint to feed it!

Any help and advice is much appreciated!

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Gen 2.5 Empire's came with either the 116 or 127.4 Frenzy board as standard. My own had the 127.4 installed when I got it, which has a ramp option capped for the old standard of 15bps, and can also be re-flashed to give current ramp settings. The 116 board has no ramp option AFAIK.

I now run Lucky Spitfire and later infamous spec Frenzy boards in both my Empire's

http://www.pbwarehouse.net/alboma.html

http://www.pbwarehouse.net/mafor12frbo.html

Hope that helps?

Nice to see you on IOG by the way ;)

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
Contact Rabies on here - he is able to reflash frenzy boards to his latest code, fully 08 Millennium compliant and as used in the new Vanguard Creed.

I wouldn't use anything else in my Timmy's.

scoobytgi

WebMonkey
Dec 30, 2005
Clacon-on-Sea
Contact Rabies on here - he is able to reflash frenzy boards to his latest code, fully 08 Millennium compliant and as used in the new Vanguard Creed.

I wouldn't use anything else in my Timmy's.
Many thanks! Can all the standard boards be flashed to have the latest modes? Also how can I tell which I have, can you display the mode on the lcd or is it printed on the board, or is there a recognition guide I can find online?

Been after a Timmy for a while now, this was also my favorite milling pattern, and the things immaculate, looks as if it was never fired in anger before I picked it up on Saturday. Cant grumble for £100!

Attachments

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
To the best of my knowledge, all boards from 04, 05 or 06 Alias platform Timmies are fundamentally the same, and will work with Rabid code.

The stock software displays "Bob Long" on the top line and the software version on the bottom line briefly when you turn it on, before the battery reading.

It's amazing what you can pick up perfectly good Timmies for these days, although getting spares is a pain.

scoobytgi

WebMonkey
Dec 30, 2005
Clacon-on-Sea
Thanks Rabies... I appear to have 110 software then! How would we go about making it more lovely?

BTW the timmy doesn't seem to be used, I bought it from Angel, presumably bought origionaly for R&D or that electro marker lawsuit type thing - hey who cares, I got a bargain, not a mark on her!