Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2 Quick Questions

pbcustom98

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
1) I was thinking about getting a 9v or a 12v Revy for my m98, but I was wondering what the difference between them is. Also how doe they compare to the Ricochet ( however it is spelled).

2) I'm looking to get a new barrel and have narrowed it down to these choices...
a) DYE Boomstick
b) DYE Excel
c) Lapco Bigshot (heard it increases gas efficency and has great accuracy.)
d) Flatline- I've heard that this barrel is very good form ppl and terrible from other ppl....can you please tell me the + and - for this barrel...

flameball

Apr 6, 2002
NJ
www.expage.com
9V and 12v r the battery types (i think) and the flat line is okay it has great distance and so/so acracy.(sry cant spell). the dye boom stick is a great barrel!i have never heard of the other barrels. but in the end only u can pick so i let u chose. just rember im a newbie to so i may be wrong if i an plz fix me!!!
thanx

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
The twelve volt will last longer before needing new batteries and the paddle spins faster (differant paddle as well) if you can afford it go 12Volt. Never used the Ricochet but they are supposed to feed as fast as the Revvy shame they are so ugly. As for the barrels, Boomsticks are good barrels but you may want something with differant IDs (internal diameter or bore size) have a look at Lapco they have one and the Freak is good (thats what I use its a good system but I don't know if its the best for you or for me either). remember their are other systems around as well, the full freak will set you back about £180 ish dunno about the others.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Of those barrels I would stick with the DYE excel because it is very cost effective, quieter than a Lapco, and far less expensive than the boomstick. I've said this a zillion times already and I'll say it again and again as many times as I have to: AVOID THE FLATLINE AT ALL TIMES. Want the reasons? Read down a couple threads...there are no fewer than 10 different threads within the last month or two I've posted that advice on. Between the 9v and 12v, go with the 12. Ricochet vs. 12v is a personal preference, and people have gotten great results with both so put one of each on your gun and see which does the best for you. The 12v is less expensive and less noisy, though.

You are well on your way to being well equipped and ready to rip! Good luck and have fun.

Manning26

Hey Audguy, Onion's probably asleep, as I should be right now, but I'll answer for him. Look at the top of the screen and you'll see, "Search," up there to the right. Just give it a click and go from there, I'm pretty sure you'll have in under control after that.;)

pbcustom98

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
barrel

12 inch or 14 inch...i decided to go with a DYE barrel probably boomstick..and the 12v cuz i dont want to buy a new marker until maybe x-mas and then i dont have to shell out $$ cuz my parents will :D ..then ill think about the autococker or something else ...

thanks for your help all