Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2004 cocker problems

gregorius

May 19, 2004
sussex,uk
Visit site
I have recently bought a brand new 2004 vert feed cocker (stock)
and its stoped working. the block comes back but it dosent fire its my first gun so i havent a clue whats wrong. any help would be appreciated
Greg

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
if its a pretty new gun I'd be suprised if the timing has slipped enough so quickly to make it not shoot.

If its not the cocking rod I'd show it to someone who knows at the next time you play, or if you can give us a detailed description on what happens in what order we might be able to help more

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
have you taken it appart?

when you turn the marker on (ie air it up) what possition is the back block in? forward or backward?

ok first cock the marker, then pull the trigger, the marker should fire then the block with move back and recock then move forward again ready to fire.....does it do this?

does the rod not recock?

does it cock in the first place?

given the answer to those q's i should be able to diagnose a little better

gregorius

May 19, 2004
sussex,uk
Visit site
Ok heres some more detail.

i cock it pull the trigger and it fires the first shot then the block comes back but i dont think its cocking because it wont fire anymore, each time i pull the trigger the block just comes back but no firing.

no its not an e-blade

Kaish

Pink Bandana Crew
Oct 17, 2003
Glasgow
Visit site
Sounds almost like you're short stroking it. This may sound silly but are you making sure you pull the trigger all the way back and let it go all the forward each shot?

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
ok now i know what its doing i can tell you what to check

it fires the first shot so the cocking lug is ok, first thing to check is the cocking rod, unscrew it completely and remove it from the marker, check the threads are ok, then carefully screw it all the way back in and test the marker again..........its not uncommon for people to put them back in wrong and it feels like its in ok but it isnt...........one of our new team markers was doing the same thing the other day and it was fixed by just removing the cocking rond and putting it back in.
if that doesnt cure it then the next question is, have you adjusted ANYTHING on the marker, ie the trigger/timing or the front reg. its also quite likely that the trigger adjustment can limit the 3 way and stop the marker recocking