Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2004 - It's Done- Merged

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com

For what they are worth, here are my ideas for next year.

As I see it the following things need to be effected for next year or in the near future:-

1 ) The NPPL and Millennium need to formally integrate, this strengthens both sides of this alliance for obvious reasons.

2) The format of the game needs to be modified to make it more amenable to the American / Euro public but the emphasis HAS to be on the American side of things with regard to format change, scoreboard, time outs, coaches, commentators etc.
We can call it what we like, call if frikkin 7 man Y-Ball for all I care but it needs to be changed.
Now whether this format is trickled down to all levels of a tournament needs to be sorted out or whether its just the pros or whether its just the final rounds is one of the details that can be sorted out later.

3) We need to keep the likes of Dynasty, Naughty Dogs and Russians on board and this is why we need to act quickly otherwise there is a chance they are gonna be sucked over to the NXL and we need a coherent alternative for these teams to consider.

The newly created alliance of the NPPL and Millennium can then organise a world league that has some of the best teams in the world playing in it as well as playing a format that is good to watch as far as TV goes.

Details of point allocations for each tournament can easily be worked out at a later date but in principle that is my idea.
I am sure others will have their say but I don't see any serious alternatives to this otherwise we play the isolating game and that ain't doing anyone one good at all.
Just my opinion.

D

duffistuta

Absolutely.

For argument's sake, let's say all Millennium and NPPL events go 7-Man Y-Ball, ostensibly an X-type format, and that each team plays one 45 minute game a day over 3-days.

This equates to 135 minutes playing time...now the average Millennium team probably gets 70 minutes playing time currently, the average NPPL team even less. Plus individuals who are shot on the break 2 - 3 times may get a total playing time of 15 minutes for their money! With an X-type format, even if you're shot on the break you're normally back on-field in a couple of minutes time.

I think 45 min games with 15-min turnarounds is good bang for your buck and should allow promoters to maintain team numbers at an acceptable level.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
forgive my ignorance but i thought that dynasty and all them wouldn't be able to move now because of the televison rights that mr clarke just bought?!?! i thought it was limited to those 8 teams for the rest of next year? i agree with the fact that NPPL and milleniums need to join forces because then it will become more appealing to a world market which will make more money than just the american market.
i like the idea of the same format type as x-ball but lets keep coaches out of it as they take a huge chunk of the skill away :D

Manning26

It's true, next season's television deal only includes the 8 franchises that currently play, but it doesn't cover the players. Detroit Thunder could decide to dump their whole roster and pick up Dynasty if both parties were in agreement. I don't see that happening, but I'm just saying.;)

It's hard to imagine teams like Dynasty and the Dogs losing their rosters to the NXL (soon to be PLP), but it was also hard to imagine seeing Todd Martinez in a Strange uniform... but here he is.

Tiny man

Weebl and Bob!
May 16, 2003
Shropshire, England
Originally posted by Manning26
It's hard to imagine teams like Dynasty and the Dogs losing their rosters to the NXL (soon to be PLP), but it was also hard to imagine seeing Todd Martinez in a Strange uniform... but here he is.
Yeah I suppose stranger things have happened.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
I think elastic bands round the gripframe are going to replace Dye Stickies as the must have accessory for 04.

:cool:

I am unqualified to offer any other opinions.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Manning26
It's true, next season's television deal only includes the 8 franchises that currently play, but it doesn't cover the players. Detroit Thunder could decide to dump their whole roster and pick up Dynasty if both parties were in agreement. I don't see that happening, but I'm just saying.;)

Hey Jase, I think you'll find they are looking to expand that number to 10 teams.

Manning26

Hey, Pete, I think you'll find that the first season will only include 8 teams, with maybe expansion to 10 for the following year.....;) Dude, that's just what they said last night, it would obviously make more sense for them to let say, Dynasty and Naughty Dogs into the fray, but they were specifically asked, and Jerry Braun said there would only be the 8. Maybe they're punishing the S7 guys for not coming over when they had the chance, or, even more possible, you have some inside info' that I'm not privvy to.:)