Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2011 Proto Rail wont turn on

Player01

Feb 21, 2012
Hi guys recently decided to get into paintball and so bought my self a rail, its only a few weeks old and seen the field once so its not well used. I went to play today and it wont turn on, ive changed the battery and everything looks connected and i cant see any dirt etc in and around the area of the battery.

The reason why i mention the little story at the top is just to explain im new to this so if there's a stupid and obvious reason for this sorry, but any help will be much appreciated thanks

Redroth

UWE Paintball Society
Oct 11, 2011
Bristol
I know this may seam stupid but a few of the guys in the society when they first got markers put the battery in the wrong way round. Worth trying it the other way also what type of battery are you using. Alot of battery issues are caused by using cheap batterys. Your standard cheapo tesco battery wont hold up alot of people use Pro grade batterys like the Duracell Procells. Other than My advice if its a few weeks old is get in contact with the supplyer new marker should't have any issues.

Player01

Feb 21, 2012
thanks for the advice and Ive checked that it is in the right way :) and the battery that i was using was the one that came with the marker and then i changed it to a Duracell one so i wouldn't think it was the battery either, the reason why i ask over the forum is because if with a bit of help i would able to fix it myself without the hassle of sending it back, however if i cant fix it i will be sending it back :)

thanks for your help

Redroth

UWE Paintball Society
Oct 11, 2011
Bristol
Not a problem, I would still recomend sending it back even if you can fix it. If it happens agian after 12months you are then gonna have to send it back for repair anyways which is gonna be costly. There is also a Dye/Protor forum at bottom of these forums which a dye tech checks. He will be able to help you, I however expect he will advise you to send it back to the retailer if its still in warranty. Yes its a pain in the ass sending stuff back but if it saves you a costly repair bill in a years time its worth it!

Player01

Feb 21, 2012
Ok cheers for the help i may just send it back , i believe its all plugged in correctly but not sure how to properly look at that so like i said ill probably send it back thanks :)

cono111

Jun 27, 2012
ive had a proto and i think your problem might be the battery might be a low voltage 9v so what i did is buy a rechargeable battery and then it worked rechargeables are better so change the battery for a rechargeable

Redroth

UWE Paintball Society
Oct 11, 2011
Bristol
ive had a proto and i think your problem might be the battery might be a low voltage 9v so what i did is buy a rechargeable battery and then it worked rechargeables are better so change the battery for a rechargeable
I dont think a rechargable will fix his problem purely down to the fact they ahve already tryed multiple batterys. I also don't rate rechargable batterys unless the marker comes with them as standard. You can still get the undercharge that happens once in a blue moon that you get with a standard battery, which is why you should have a battery tester in you kitbag!! However you can also get the mutch bigger problem of an overcharged battery, this could in turn into a damaged board due to overvoltage.

Player01

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks again for the advice Redroth, Ive sent the marker off and so they will have a look at it, so should get it back soon as i cant wait to use it :)

Player01

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks for the interest cono11 i havnt got any rechargeable batteries and i have tried multiple others so ive sent it off :)