Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

20oz CO2 bottle date...

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I've got a grey 20oz CO2 bottle knocking around at home. Bought from Smart Parts (boo) in 2002 and I'm trying to work out the whole dating thing on it. It has two bits and I'm trying to work out which is the bit I'm after.

here is the end of the bottom line of printing on the bottle
D-0036-011/02 CMC 02.02

Can anyone help me out, is that 02.02 the date of manufacture? If so then how long has it got left on it? I'm just wondering about selling it and i need to make sure it is kosher before I do. If anyone is interested it's in pretty good nick, a couple of minor paint scratches, it's fitted with a nice blue SP on/off and anti syphon.

Cheers in advance.

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
I would think the 2.02 is the date you're after, and it's either 5 or 7 years on Co2 tanks (in either case, you're well within the date and it's safe to sell)

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
lol, not a lot! new ones with 5 years test are only about £20. Does it have a valve & antisyphon fitted? If so the antisyphon will be set up to run on whatever marker you bought it for and any new owner would have to get a new valve/antisyphon fitted set up correctly to use on their marker(...unless it was exactly the same as yours)
BTW i have found that about 30-40% of the grey (chinese via germany) bottles have the inner thread cut wrongly (too big) which means theres a possibility of the valve coming unscrewed from the bottle whilst in use. Might be an idea to scrap it?

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Just got a bit of brasso out on the valve area....ohhhhh bling indeed. Saw one sucker on there (ebay), nothing special that went for over 30 quid.....jeez. Most ones on ebay have pin valves so my nice SP on/off should bump the price up even more...i hope

I've just got to work out how to sell things on ebay now, hopefully the fees won't be too much.