Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

3000 PSI Vs 4500 PSI

Shadow Wolf

May 24, 2008
first let me say i am a newbie but not really, i have played since before there was a model 98 and used a Tippman Prolite with a 16 inch barrel i sold this marker and am just now getting back in to paintball after being gone for a few years and am looking at buying a Tippmann A5 with a RT trigger or a E grip, what im wanting to do is this im wanting to shoot HPA and i am seeing diffrent CI which i understand but what is confuseing me is 3000 PSI and 4500 PSI i understand there is a pressure diffrence but does diffrent gun require the diffrent PSI or is it just a Shots per tank thing ? Also i've seen videos on you tube saying and showing HPA is more accurate then CO2 is this true or is it just a matter of taste?

the set up im looking at is as follows A5 with either a Egrip or a RT trigger, either flatline barrel system ( read mixed reviews of it so not sure) or RAP4 X7 22" SUPER SNIPER BARREL, HPA, RAP4, A-5 MP5 RETRACTABLE STOCK, and a AIM SPORTS 1X45 T-STYLE RED/GRN DOT

with this set up would it matter if i ran 3000 PSI or 4500 PSI HPA ?

thanks for your help

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
3000 and 4500 is just a matter of how much air it can fit into it.

So 4500 is obviously the better choice ;):)

If your local site only fills to a certain pressure like 2000 or 3000 ish there is no need for a 4.5k but its always better overprepared than underprepared ;):)

Hope it helps, Niall :)

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
PSI is pounds per square inch, so an air tank/reg that is capable of holding 4500psi will hold more air than in the same size tank capable of 3000psi. To a point means you have more air to play with, i.e not fill up so often.
the capacity of a bottle has nothing to do with the output it produces, that is normally down the the regulator fitted. it will either be low pressure (400) or high (800)

4500 systems are generally better, safer and usually lighter as most 4500 bottles now are composite bottles.

Air will have a minor effects on your accuracy, efficency, and consistancy of your gun as its less volatile as CO2 which means you will generally have a constant flow of pressure as opposed to CO2 which has to change from liquid to gas which can effect output, Also CO2 is considered dirty which can kill your orings in your gun

Hope that helps

monster.uk.

Fusion Pirate
Apr 12, 2008
" 22" SUPER SNIPER BARREL " jesus are you going to poke them to death, a larger barrel uses more air, The people I know that use flatlines swear by them.

BDN

May 24, 2008
NW England
The psi rating is how hard the air in the cylinder is being squashed. For cylinders of the same capacity, 4500 psi will give you 50% more compressed gas than 3000psi. But the 4500 psi cyinder may be heavier due to thicker cylinder walls.
The regulator on the marker will decide what pressure the marker sees regardless of what size or pressure cylinder you attach.
Different markers consume gas at different rates; some are gas hungry, some are frugal when compared.
CO2 emits a large cloud of gas from the muzzle giving away your position; air is clear. C02 output used to vary; better on warmer days than colder days as the gas energy level is more temperature-dependant. Air isn't so temperature critical (unless you play at the poles...). I've turned to air instead, perhaps someone with more knowledge could explain better about C02...
If your marker is fitted with a regulator, it will not matter which pressure rating cylinder you fit,though you should get more shots with the higher pressure.

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
The psi rating is how hard the air in the cylinder is being squashed. For cylinders of the same capacity, 4500 psi will give you 50% more compressed gas than 3000psi. But the 4500 psi cyinder may be heavier due to thicker cylinder walls.
The regulator on the marker will decide what pressure the marker sees regardless of what size or pressure cylinder you attach.
Different markers consume gas at different rates; some are gas hungry, some are frugal when compared.
CO2 emits a large cloud of gas from the muzzle giving away your position; air is clear. C02 output used to vary; better on warmer days than colder days as the gas energy level is more temperature-dependant. Air isn't so temperature critical (unless you play at the poles...). I've turned to air instead, perhaps someone with more knowledge could explain better about C02...
If your marker is fitted with a regulator, it will not matter which pressure rating cylinder you fit,though you should get more shots with the higher pressure.
This sound right to anyone else?.. didnt think so

In theory your almost right on cylinder wallings but this day and age a 3000 system is aimed at the beginner/budget market and are almost always made from Steel. All 4500 tanks are now made from composite/fibre wrapping making them lighter than the steel variety, I havent seen a 4500 steely in a looong loong time.

Again your theory on guns with regulators not mattering on input is again incorrect. Most guns nowaday will use either high or low pressure but there are still guns out there that specificly need either low or high pressure, Such as the 2003-2006 angels (low pressure era) if you put high pressure into one of them you were not getting it lower than 400fps over the chrono and are likely to fluff your LPR in the process. 05 ego were strictly high pressure as they would have considerable drop off with a low pressure system (unless you run somethnig like a crossfire LP system which has a very high flow rate)

Also Xmags cant run low pressure, id put money on the Tippy A5 not liking low pressure either

luke@york

pillagin a village near u
May 16, 2005
york
Visit site
go with a 4500psi tank, your getting an A5 which is very unefficiant on air (i used to have one) you wont get many shots from a 3000psi fill mate

luke

Shadow Wolf

May 24, 2008
lol i was always told the longer the barrel the better your shot is going to be is why i was looking at the 21 incher, right now i have a old Piranha R6 here that i got from my brother, i have never shot it but i don't like the feel of it so im selling it back to him for 10 bucks more then i paid him lol eg and going to put that toward a new marker. there is a guy here with a shop that has the A5 with the 16inch smarts parts barrel ( not sure which one ), RT already in it and a stock he is wanting $320 plus tax not sure if that is good deal or not what do you all think ?

yes i am a tippmann man was the first marker i ever played with and was first one i bought lol

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
No the length of your barrell will only have an effect on the flight of the ball to a degree, anything over 14-16" is overkill and just means your ball has further drag on the barrell, longer barrells can also make your gun front heavy.

This is a UK forum so prices over here are different to the states, Try PB Nation for the going rate for guns in your region