Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

3000psi Steel bottle problem

Nubble

Jul 25, 2011
3000psi Steel bottle problem *RESOLVED*

Hi there guys,

A bit peeved/annoyed as the gas bottle I bought from you on 25th August with next day delivery blew up shortly after I had it filled at my local scuba shop.

I heard a big bang and all the air rushed out of it.

I am unfortunately unable to phone you as I work 9-5 and there is no opportunity to get a call made during that time.

I really need to get it replaced by Saturday as I have another game this weekend.

Please direct me as to what to do. Thanks.

G

Gassy

Dump fill from a dive bottle = burst disks go bang

What a surprise

I have also edited your thread title as if a bottle had blown up death and serious injury would have occurred.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
What is your cylinder maximum pressure and the fill source?
As we use psi and the diving community use bar there may be confusion between 3000psi and 300bar if they don't pay attention (300bar = about 4350psi)

Did they fill to a regulated pressure or roughly go by the gauge
(possibly still exceeding psi)
Or did they go by the colour on the gauge and disregard pressures treating red as full

What blew & when? There are 2 burst disks, these have different burst pressures
Did it blow while filling, just after, or a while later
What happened to the bottle in between
(was it put in a hot car, did it get hot while filling due to too fast a fill)

If just a burst disk then just the disk needs replacing, but is best fitted by someone competent to the right torque

Search UKPSF HPA1 and read up that document on air safety

Nubble

Jul 25, 2011
Sorry, I realise now that that sounded quite dramatic!

Yes it does sound like a burst disk, the bang was about 2 hours after it had been filled. It had been transported in my car from the dive shop in my flight case with my friends bottle which was bought from just paintball (and that he has been using for quite a while).

In regards to regulated pressure I couldn't comment, but I will say that the dive shop regularly fill for everyone that attends the league I play in - so I have faith that they know what they are doing.

Thanks for the replies thus far, and once again apologies for being dramatic (and thanks for changing my thread title).

Was just a bit pissed off as I bought the bottle for £35, + £6 postage and then 1.5 hours + £6-£7 petrol to pick up from the sorting office, because the specified one hour timeslot from the courier was apparently 08.00-18.00 hours :|

BZNeil

BZ Paintball Supplies
May 17, 2007
www.bzpaintball.co.uk
Nubble
Very disappointed and sorry to hear about your woes. I just wish you would have emailed or called us ( open until 6pm Monday to Friday), rather than write a message on here as it could have been resolved much sooner.

It sounds like a burst disc has gone, which could have been from over filling or filling too quickly.

Can you please send me a pm or call us with your order number or customer number and the date of purchase so we can sort this out for you.

Reactions: Nubble

Nubble

Jul 25, 2011
Thanks to the guys at BZ paintball - I now have a tank that works.

I got around to posting it off to them finally, they returned it fixed by 24 hour post. Thanks!