Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A-5 Flatline Silencer?

May 14, 2003
lincoln
I think rt is the response trigger system for the tippmann's, although I dont know much about the response triggers or how they work with an electronic frame, more would be found on the tippmann forums on their website which Alex gave a link to.

Hope it helps,
Eddie

AlexFarkouh

Yes the RT is the Response Trigger System.

The response trigger kit increases your trigger speed by resetting the trigger and sear with excess gas during firing. This gas is used to operate a cylinder behind the trigger to do the resetting. The pressure of your finger on the trigger pulls it back to fire the next shot.

But if you are in the US you will probably be better off buying the A-5 E-GRIP, which is not legal to use in the UK as it turns an airgun into a licensable firearm, due to the select fire modes.

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Originally posted by Skeetmaster
Moderator..NOT silencer..they dont silence anything..they Moderate the muzzle report...on Firearms anyway!
Gaz
All the Army Instucters I have listened to during training have refered to them as silencers. And they are pretty pedantic when it comes to definitions. So even if they can be refered to as Moderators, i don't think it it is something we need to critise a guy in the Newbie forums for.

pgaglio

Used Car Salesman
May 2, 2003
Detroit/Motown, USA
Visit site
certain barrels are quieter than others. the Lapco bigshot is fairly quiet as are some of the Custom Products barrels. I'm pretty sure they're made for the A-5. Not that you want to trash the $100 barrel you just bought, but I thought I'd mention it.

Unfortunately with the flatline, if you ever break a ball in it, you are screwed. They're very hard to clean and any excess paint left in the barrel causes breaks and balls curvin' all over the place.