Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A few questions...

baroN.uK

Noob.
Feb 24, 2009
London
Hi,
I'm new to the (proper) paintballing world, and just have a few questions.

1). What is the difference between the CO2 and Air canisters? And can you fill both on most paintball sites?

2). I was thinking of buying myself the Tippman A5, any thoughts about this for a competition gun?

3). Does it matter which canister, co2 or air i use in the a5?

Cheers
baroN.uK

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Hi,
I'm new to the (proper) paintballing world, and just have a few questions.

1). What is the difference between the CO2 and Air canisters? And can you fill both on most paintball sites?

2). I was thinking of buying myself the Tippman A5, any thoughts about this for a competition gun?

3). Does it matter which canister, co2 or air i use in the a5?

Cheers
baroN.uK
1. Air systems use a regulator that only allows single direction air flow (Ie: theres and input for compressed air and a seperate output), whereas CO2 uses a two way regular where gas is enters and exits from the same place. You can't use CO2 on any marker, but you can use air on any marker. Air is also more consistant than CO2, due to not being affected by temperature.

And I think most sites have already upgraded to air filling, although there are some that still only fill CO2. Check around your local sites and they'll tell you what they fill.
: )

2. Depends on what kind of competition you want to enter. A5 is fine for woodsball and scenario types, but you'll be hard pushed to outplay people in Supair competitions. Ultimately you'll need to decide what you want to play before you buy anything, and then make sure you know all your options and how much it'll roughly cost to get the standard of gun you want. A5s may take alot of upgrading to make it how you want it, which is alot of money. My best advice is to decide on what kind of standard of gun you want, and then price it up (upgrades included).

And remember, there's no rules that say you can't go into the woods using an electro marker ;)

3: I'd suggest using air for whatever gun you use, like I said, it's not affected by temperature, so it will be more consistant. CO2 pressure tends to fluctuate with the temperature, meaning some days you'll be shooting further than others. But, again, check your local sites for what they fill.

I'm no expert and I only know a little, so I hope I helped a bit.
:D