Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A little help on tanks

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Fixed my diameter / circumference confusion.

You could at a push squeeze in the odd one of the large 4500psi fibre cylinders, but ones such as my Empire won't fit.
A normal 3000psi cylinder will fit, the 13ci definately will (its approx 2" in diameter) and a stumpy should fit, but they do vary in height/dumpyness.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
For your shopping pleasure there are a few paintball shops around, but you would have to travel to get to one. (Always contact them before making special journeys as the shops are usualy part of their warehouse, are run by people with an interest in paintball and are often away over the weekend and for longer when events are under way)
Paintball sites are friendly, often have some form of mini shop in place and may get things in for you.
The retailers come out to support sites that run events so you can catch them there.

Obvioulsy go through the site sponsors on the banners but a quick off my head list are We are paintball/Enola Gaye (My sponsors), BZ, Demon, Phoenix, Just Paintball, LiPs.....

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
.. and an addenum
If you're sourcing parts to build a rig / do your conversion then always ensure they are rated beyond the pressures in use and are designed for compressed air.
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/

They also do Airsoft!

Preferably buy British where possible, but when dealing with anything different from the norm get things from reliable sources such as Palmers.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Sorry, I was just curious... whats the difference between uk and us tanks? The fill nipple?
Nothing
The difference is the international standard and the tests they have been subject to for approval in a specific country/region

Standards are set by the 'transportation bodies' of the countries concerned, (as a pressurised cylinder is a method to carry the compressed gas, and therefore transport it)
Each country may have a variation in the standard and appropriate destruction tests to prove it, the cylinders themselves are the equivalent of each other but cannot be marketed / used in a country unless they have been through the test process. The manufacturer may submit the same cylinder design to multiple countries and show multiple symbols making them usable.