Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A new gun from CCI?

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Ooooooh me likey! :D

Wonder what ever happened to the drop in semi kit that was going to be developed for the original Unibody Phantom back in the day?

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
A friend of mine "back in the day" who played on our team (Total Confusion) tested a drop in semi kit for Scorpion.

It was just a copy of AGD's valve tbh, but with enough changes to avoid future law issues! If I remember rightly it fitted Phantoms and a host of others too.

When it worked it was fantastic, but it never worked for a full game lol.
If HPA was available back in 91/92 it would have worked well, it would just freeze and lock up as soon as the Co2 vapour built up, and if you got liquid in it, it would need a complete strip down and new seals!!

We were trying to negotiate a support deal and were going to run 10 of them, but ended up just getting Lev3 mags and early cockers..... and the fool who opted for a Golden Eagle :eek:

I have lost contact with the guy, But IF I do ever bump into him the conversation will be like

" Hey, how have you been, its been what... 15 years"

"btw, you still got that scorpion semi kit? "
:D

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
and the fool who opted for a Golden Eagle :eek:
Nothing wrong with the Golden Eagle:mad:

It was for more useful than any of todays guns. You could use it as a door stop, a sledgehammer, a crowbar, a battering ram... and occasionally it would fire a ball out of the barrel roughly in the direction you were pointing it! ;)

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
The i'll fated Phantom Semi...i waited & waited & waited...etc....:(

Kenimex Scorpion autoloader......

I actually considered getting one back in the day,but after reading the review in PGI i decided against it due to the issue's with liquid getting into the valve and the length of the valve sticking out the back of the body.
Only ever saw on in the flesh think it was at Operation paintball near Hexham can't remember it shooting that well from what i saw at the time.

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
ahhhh the memories come flooding back lol.

My Eagle was used to fell trees more often than not.... especially if it got full of liquid co2... BOOOooooooooMMM..... what me? hot gun? never :eek:

Thib

Nov 26, 2008
Newcastle
I will never give up my pump for a mechanical semi-automatic with a single trigger!
Why loosing in rate of fire ?

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
I saw the revolution prototype many years ago. It was indeed the never release electric semi-auto phantom.
Mainly I think it wasn't released because the rotating breach system was incredibly hard to get the timing right on as it was battery powered not pumped.

The pump version I presume would remove the motor and the pump stroke would rotate the breach to load the ball, leaving the electronics to sort out the gas. If i'm right then it would have a feather light pump stroke as all it would be doing is rotating a lightweight piece of aluminium tubing to line the breach feed hole up with the feedneck and then close it off again

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
ahhhh the memories come flooding back lol.

My Eagle was used to fell trees more often than not.... especially if it got full of liquid co2... BOOOooooooooMMM..... what me? hot gun? never :eek:
I had the same issues with my poison, watching it starting to freeze up and having to tuck it under my armpit to get some heat into it.

My Illustrator was a bit better, that just fired a snowstorm out of the barrel.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
there's pictures of it now on MCB - its tiny and from what I can see a pump action spool valve.....