Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A newbie to this site with some questions

Derpy

Long Member
May 16, 2012
Essex
Hello, my name is Derpy and I wanted to ask some stuff about that shooty paintball stuff.

I am abit of a weekend warrior only playing at Deltaforce sites in my local area but I love paintball and really want to get into it more and was hoping for some helpfull people.

I have already bought myself a Proto FS Switch and looking to get new/used gear. (Need advice on that)

Eventualy I will get myself a marker but as I prefer woodsball to speedball I was looking at Tippman markers. (Alittle help here too)

If anyone bothers reading and replying, you have my thanks. :D

(Edit)

Also looking for sites in the south-east.

Last edited:

Monkeyboi

was ROSSTHEGUYVER
Nov 18, 2009
www.youtube.com
Hi mate and welcome
The proto mask is an ok mask for there price but you will want to get a thermal lens for it to stop it fogging up on you

Tippmann markers are a GREAT marker for a start up player but what you get from ease of use you get with added weight with them

A tippmann98 last FOREVER and you can get one really cheap ether from a site as and when they get newer markers or from on sites like here or uks but you will need to get a good hopper really to play with out having the problems that come with a vl200

The tippmann a5 is more of what you would like there nicer to look look like a mp5 and feel better in your hands then the 98 and at around £80-£120 depending on what it comes with won't kill ya wallet and best of all I'd comes with the cyclone hopper that uses the unused air from your marker to feed the paint so when ever you shoot there will be paint ready for you

The tippmann x7 is the a5's big daddy really but heavier then the a5 not by much but it is You still get the cyclone hopper which is good

And best of all they all work on high pressure air and co2

Last edited:
Reactions: Derpy

Derpy

Long Member
May 16, 2012
Essex
Hi mate and welcome
The proto mask is an ok mask for there price but you will want to get a thermal lens for it to stop it fogging up on you

Tippmann markers are a GREAT marker for a start up player but what you get from ease of use you get with added weight with them
A tippmann98 last FOREVER and you can get one really cheap ether from a site as and when they get newer markers or from on sites like here or uks
Yeah, sadly when I got the mask it had a chipped visor so I had to chuck it but I got a single pane which is doing the job but I do need a thermal one.

I'm ok with the extra weight of a Tippman but I was looking towards the Sierra One.

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
you might want to also consider the Eclipse Etha. It's the best of both worlds; it's primarily geared towards tournament play but you can purchase milsim shrouds to convert it for Rambo-esque woodsball.

That way, if you ever feel the urge to try out tournament paintball in the future then you are not stuck trying to lug around a heavy X7 setup which is only suitable for woodsball.

Reactions: Derpy

Derpy

Long Member
May 16, 2012
Essex
you might want to also consider the Eclipse Etha. It's the best of both worlds; it's primarily geared towards tournament play but you can purchase milsim shrouds to convert it for Rambo-esque woodsball.

That way, if you ever feel the urge to try out tournament paintball in the future then you are not stuck trying to lug around a heavy X7 setup which is only suitable for woodsball.
Looking at the Etha now and I have been dribbling over the Proto Rail awhile ago.

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
Proto Rail is a decent marker for someone starting out but it lacks a decent clamping feedneck and on/off ASA, both of which come as stadnard on the Etha.

I prefer DYE/Proto over Eclipse but if I were given a choice between a Rail and Etha, I'd take the Etha as it doesn't require any upgrades out of the box to make it comparable in usability to higher-end counterparts.

maca

Gorrilaz
Sep 1, 2009
stratford london
Try Mayhem paintball site in Essex they hold a good walk on once a month and are having a big game on the 18th-19th august so hopefully you get your gear sorted in time for that.
The link is on the bottom right of the page

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Don't worry about getting a 'woodsball' marker if you have any interest in 'speedball' models
Paintball is paintball and you can bring the design points of a light & compact marker into the woods

If you are playing at Delta Force then you will probably find a need to run on co2 which excludes electronic markers and they will limit fire rates or possibly not allow electronic markers anyway.
Preferably find an alternative site that runs air and has 'walkons'

Whereabouts are you based in the South East? Ambush at Botley near Southampton is just off the M27, and is well known in the walkon world, is the venue for Super5ives tournaments, and an annual scenario

Derpy

Long Member
May 16, 2012
Essex
The DF site I marshal at use HPA.

I am based in the South East but with no car and only a pedal bike to get around and with trains being expensive and a general lack of funds, it would be difficult to get around.

Wile E Coyote

May 26, 2012
i would personally recommend a smart parts sp1. a quality marker
its easy to clean with its bolt out the back. if you can not take apart your marker and clean it quickly, then theres no point
i used to own a delta elite. it was wonderful but took too long to clean and was heavy... had to get rid of it.
good on air
very quiet
light. very important. heavy may be realistic but during a long day paintballing, youll find yourself wishing you had a lighter marker
cheap
looks cool
upgradeable
different from the usual a5/bt4
11bps with stock board
capable of full auto and 3 round burst (though full auto is illegal in uk paintball, its all in good fun)

theres also gommie404 on ukscenario. he does some really special things with sp1's. truly awesome.

how south-east are you? im in thanet, kent.

Last edited: