Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A Request from an old 'baller

Luke_E_Dangerously

Dec 23, 2008
Do any of you old schoolers have any pics of the fields at Koow Dooh?

I'm trying to get some for nostalgia purposes.

Cheers guys/gals.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Yes, because it was Wook Hood spelt backwards. I used to have a Wook Hood when I was a little boy, but it was stolen by space-gypsies. At least that's what my dad told me, but on reflection, I think he might have sold it to pay for some magic beans off a man in a pub. Either way, that's how I learnt not to trust my dad.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Correctamundo Cook$ie, but you weren't around in the times of Hook Wood I'd guess ... in paintball terms I mean.
It was a woodland site just off the M25 at Potters Bar and was one of the best sites in the UK mainly because of its varied terrain.

Actually Hook Wood was the home of the infamous Bart's Stud Squad headed up by Rafe and Bart, both great characters of our sport from long ago;
Bart's daughter Shelley still plays today as most people know.

Rafe I think owns, or used to own a site round the M25 somewhere near Sevenoaks.

Those guys were the forerunners of our sport over here in the UK and even though we probably didn't see eye to eye too much in those days, I never lost respect for their playing ability and what they did for UK paintball.
Of course now, all that cr@p is forgotten and we all get along fine though I ain't seen either for some time now.

Ahhh the good ole days when playing paintball was ...............fun !
A word seemingly lost amidst the plethora of paint we now see at events...

T'is truly a sad indictment of our sport when nostalgia is rooted deep within the notion of just having fun as against .....mmm...not quite sure how the majority view this game now, it might be interesting to start a thread to find out.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Actually Hook Wood was the home of the infamous Bart's Stud Squad headed up by Rafe and Bart, both great characters of our sport from long ago;
Bart's daughter Shelley still plays today as most people know.
I didnt go, but Bart played last year sometime in the Spring I think with Shelley and Jon Bonich at a 3 man event. Apparently he had a great time, memory is fuzzy but I think they won :)

Im sure Shelley can correct me

Luke_E_Dangerously

Dec 23, 2008
Yeah Robbo, I do my research (but butter me with a bargepole if I didn't spell it incorrectly... *ahem* KOOH DOOW - there ya go)

Just a pity I couldn't have played Hook Wood, by all accounts it was one of the fields to play on.

I also had the privilege to work alongside Rafe Farmer at Paintball Park in Kidderminster, he was a true gent and a great laugh. Never met Bart tho' but he is spoken highly of and indeed was back when I had my 'mag.

Thank you all for the response.

Now has anyone got any photos or diagrams or anything?

Ant_UK_Refs

Platinum Member
Nov 13, 2008
Tameside, Manchester
Aaaah, nostalgia. The smell of leather on willow, balmy summer's evenings, and a whiff of Marballizer breaking through the rhoddies as a Marshal, as they were known back in the day, pulled your armband for a bit of paint that was roughly the size of a 2p coin!!!!, Glad they got rid of that rule:mad:. Phantom markers, Shadow, Tournament and Express versions, Short Timers weenies, Budd Orr's Sniper 2 pump guns, WITHOUT slam fire...can you believe it?!!!!!!!!!

I remember reffing the '97 Hyperball World Championships at sunny Bassett's Pole and the Great Bart Monkman Farmer actually calling out the bodycount BEFORE he'd fired his Predators Series Autococker. And you are right Pete, despite having a love of the sport since i started in 1990, it does seem to have lost, for want of a better word, it's fun side to tournament play. And I'm not being a dinosaur, just reiterating something that playing tourney ball in the woods had, that today's game is sadly lacking

size 6 feet

Mar 28, 2004
coventry
Visit site
kooh doow my paintballin began there at a tim taylor super7s tourney all the legends banzais,vulcans,almalgamation et al,moving on from my first team the maurauders, to the dismantlers,to norfolk n chance to finishin with jimmy fenshams uk firm and the number of hours i spent as headfield judge on the infamous field one!!!!!!!

MEMORIES