Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A return to paintball

TrappStar

charlie trapp
Dec 19, 2012
London
hi guys. I’m starting out again and plan to go paint balling frequently. I love the idea of getting active and shooting people lol. With spring here now seems a good time to reignite my passion. Any advice on where to go? And friendly places to meet people and become part of the community again?
It was almost 5 years ago when I played so any information of changes would be amazing. I’ve been out so long I’m not sure the best marker to buy? Im waiting to be allowed to post in the classified to get my hands on a marker I have up to £500 to spend. My old marker I sold was an Ego 11.

Thanks. Hope to see some of you around in the future.

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
Welcome back. Where roughly in London are you? It will make it easier to recommend sites to you then.

Ego 11 is a nice piece of kit so you where not messing about when you played last time. If you have a mask it would probably be a good idea to also replace the lense and also check the dates on any air tanks you still own.

Reactions: TrappStar

TrappStar

charlie trapp
Dec 19, 2012
London
Welcome back. Where roughly in London are you? It will make it easier to recommend sites to you then.

Ego 11 is a nice piece of kit so you where not messing about when you played last time. If you have a mask it would probably be a good idea to also replace the lense and also check the dates on any air tanks you still own.
Hey, thanks for your reply. I live in Wimbledon. So the A3 is perfect to take me out towards Surrey never the less I drive so I would make the commute if it’s worth it :). Funny enough I went to my partners friends birthday bash at typically the profit scum dealter force. So I rocked up with the kit thinking I’m cool, only thing missing was a marker. But the mask seemed fine, thank god. I would need a new tank also. Or somewhere sensible to get mine retested regardless may as we’ll urge on the side of caution.

The ego 11 was amazing it was swamp green also. Luckily I meet some London impact guys on the forum and benefited from their team kit deal so I took it for £450 in amazing condition. I doubt I will be lucky enough to get a similar deal. Haha.

Ps I shot the S*** out of the dealter force guys who felt the need to participate lol!

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
A bit of a hike but you cant beat

http://campaign-paintball.com/

They also run a walk-on every second sunday that is well attended. I will be there on the 8th of april with a few friends if you fancy shooting people.

Going with the ego theme you might be able to get your hands on a second hand LV1/1.1 pro for under £400. It is a massive upgrade from the ego 11.

After 5 years of no use I would still recommend replacing the goggle lense. Better safe than sorry.

Bargain tank atm because its not 'fresh' but still new,

https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/air-co2/air-systems-regulators-for-paintball/empire-4500psi-air-system.html
https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/air-co2/air-systems-regulators-for-paintball/empire-ultralight-air-system.html?___SID=U

Just paintball can also get your old tank re-hydrod for you.

https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/air-co2/air-systems-regulators-for-paintball/air-system-re-test.html?___SID=U

Delta farce are a necessary evil to start people into our sport but you just need to redirect players to better and cheaper sites.

TrappStar

charlie trapp
Dec 19, 2012
London
Cobham!! I know the site went there a few times, many moons ago. Lovely people from what I can remember.
If I can find a marker in that time I would love to come. Money isn’t a problem just finding the marker is currently. As soon as I can post in classified il give it a go. Also il hit you up before I buy just to get your opinion on the seller, if that’s possible?

Regarding the tank il buy a new one and get my old one tested think that’s the best thing to do.

And yes I know they are needed and have there place but I didn’t enjoy payed £200 on paint lol!!

Thank you for you’re recommendation on a marker il do some research on it and see if I’m lucky enough to find one!! Pray for me

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
WOW £200 on paint!! You really let loose.

Feel free to ask me anything but 99% of sellers on this forum are good guys who wont take the piss out off you and usually are willing to haggle a bit :)

im sure I can lend you a marker for the day even if its a tippmann lol

TrappStar

charlie trapp
Dec 19, 2012
London
Yeah I was really itching to unload haha. Also I was rusty had to make up for my accuracy haha.

That’s really refreshing to know. I’ve posted so hopefully a kind person if willing to sell.

Haha that’s very kind of you nice to know there are decent people that go to my local sites and it would be a pleasure to take you up on that offer. Hopefully I will be able to attend on the 8th with a marker :)