Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A Round Up

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Ok, a few points, the last thing I need is to get involved with the Millennium thankyou or any representative committee.
As far as I am concerned, you might as well talk to a toilet seat but hey, I know people like Chris Gosling and Co who have a lot more patience than I and are much better qualified in that department, and these are the type people we should look to represent the players.

Now as for the Triple 7 option being vaunted at the moment, let me fill in some gaps, the main protagonists for this are Niall and Laurent because these are the two guys who will be the greatest beneficiaries if the changes are made.
The reasons for this change are not for the betterment of the tournament, they don't even help with streamlining, they certainly detract from the player's ‘bang for your buck’ , so what on earth could be the reason they are considering it ?
Money !!!
If the proposed changes are made then they can stuff more teams into their bank account, pure and simple !

They obviously don't give two sh#ts about all those teams who have supported them over the years as is self-evident with them even considering these changes, all they care about is money otherwise why would they want to reduce the number of games and the game time. The frikkin teams ain't asked for it, so why do it ?

Well, a little maths comes in handy here, the original format had us all playing a minimum of ten games of ten minutes each totalling 100 mins of play (potentially).

Th proposed upper limit has now been reduced to 7 games of 7 minutes totalling 49 minutes.

So we get less than half the product for our money, now that's fine if they reduce the entrance fee by half to accommodate any extra teams but can you lot see that happening ?
Ha frikkin ha !!!

And Mattie, I read your post, if you don't want to let things slide, fine by me, we'll start it all up again, make your choice !!!
I got my fingers waiting over the keyboard now !!!

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Surely

Originally posted by DOA Robbo
there has to b better ways round it like runnin over more days or having more fields !!!!

if this does get implemented then i reckon we boycott the event :)
And play what instead? Don't get me wrong, I'm behind what you're saying but for teams like ourselves we decided this year to play as many milleniums as funds would allow with the odd domestic tournament thrown in.
What events do we play instead which will still 'get our name known'??

Paul
:)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Re: Surely

Originally posted by Paul_collier
And play what instead? Don't get me wrong, I'm behind what you're saying but for teams like ourselves we decided this year to play as many milleniums as funds would allow with the odd domestic tournament thrown in.
What events do we play instead which will still 'get our name known'??

Paul
And so, for a potential short term benefit--maybe get better known depending on result--you (and every other team taking the same view and it's always been lots) allow this kind'a stuff to continue. If the players 'permit' these sorts of decisions to be made without repurcussions then y'all get what you deserve.
Why do you imagine the PSP boys spent years doing more or less similar things. Those decisions never hurt them where it counted so they had no reason to change.
Not much point in complaining on forums if people won't back it up. Too many folks even around here seem to want Robo to handle it. Let Pete set it right. Well, it doesn't work that way, kids.
Just some perspective.

(Not picking on you specifically, Paul ;) )

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Re: Re: Surely

Originally posted by Baca Loco
And so, for a potential short term benefit--maybe get better known depending on result--you (and every other team taking the same view and it's always been lots) allow this kind'a stuff to continue. If the players 'permit' these sorts of decisions to be made without repurcussions then y'all get what you deserve.
Why do you imagine the PSP boys spent years doing more or less similar things. Those decisions never hurt them where it counted so they had no reason to change.
Not much point in complaining on forums if people won't back it up. Too many folks even around here seem to want Robo to handle it. Let Pete set it right. Well, it doesn't work that way, kids.
Just some perspective.

(Not picking on you specifically, Paul ;) )
I know and agree with what your saying but if it does go to 'triple 7' and there is a 'boycott' then fair enough, but how will this effect teams sponsorships, after all I'm sure they'd prefer us to be playing/winning then not playing.
Badly worded I know (heads up my arse, doing an IP address audit) but I think you'll get what I mean.

Paul

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Just spoke to Mattie Schmidt of Shockwave and all is cool between us and the guys...t'was a misunderstanding on my part, thank heaven for that, I can now get back to my newly acquired position of being a chilled out, relaxed, low blood pressured duuuuude :)
Ahhhhh, am feeling at peace with the world.................except of course the world of paintball according to the Millennium !

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
easy robbo! relax man, how about you start your own series?
i think you be the only guy in your position who has us 'ballers top of your priorities.

all in favour say 'aye'

Hp

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Half-Pint
easy robbo! relax man, how about you start your own series?
i think you be the only guy in your position who has us 'ballers top of your priorities.

all in favour say 'aye'

Hp
Well thanks for the vote of confidence HP but make no mistake about it, my primary interests are PGI first and then Nexus, so I am self-interested to that extent but what i do not lose sight of, is the fact, that you guys pay my wages either directly or indirectly.
I was a player for over 16 years and my knee jerk reactions are always from a player's perspective and as such, I can rightfully criticise a lot of the things these guys do because it primarily affects the paying customers.....the players !
As for my own series ?
Ha ha ha ha, I think I will leave that to the likes of WDP and Co.