Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

About Markers?

D3an091

Apr 15, 2012
I've read the buying guide for markers and it's a great help, but I've had an interest in taking the sport up since I signed up to the forum in 2012 but haven't really made an effort to do so till recently, due to funds/being able to get myself about and what not, so I have a general idea of brands. However in this time I've taken a liking to WGP black magics and the various models of vanguard, they seem to get really good write ups from the owners but go for awfully low prices, could anyone explain why to me as I can't seem to find a reason myself and is there any reason I should be put off purchasing one? I'm quite mechanically competent as I maintain my own car and have done for a few years now, and if I were to read up on the process would be quite confident maintaining my own marker, any help is greatly appreciated guys!

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
WGP are no longer making markers. Vanguard gained an awful reputation for quality control and reliability, then pulled UKtech support, making them an unpopular choice, hence the low prices.

Howzy

Northern Blackouts Capitano #29
Jan 31, 2015
North east
Yer basically you can't get vanguard parts in the uk now so if you bought one and it broke ud struggle to find parts, don't buy one. There's plenty of markers out there for cheap try the for sale section. Also try just paintball as they now do a 0% finance which means if ur struggling for funds it spreads the costs over say 6-12 month periods and of course it's 0% finance meaning it'll cost you no more to do this than What it would to buy it outright.

Reactions: Tonyx67

Narkadox

The Man With The Golden Gun
Jan 3, 2013
A Vanguard Creed is great value for the prices they go for tbh. The scarcity of parts when they moved the company to the US caused the value to drop off but to be honest I don't think you'll have any problems. I've got a Creed I've had for 2 and a half years and the only problem I've ever had with it was from debris in the ASA. Dead simple to look after and probably the best most user friendly board you'll find in any marker.

Never had any experience with a Demon so I can't comment on that but yea, Creeds are great little shooters.

D3an091

Apr 15, 2012
Thanks for the replies guys, so by the sounds of it you could have a very hit or miss experience with a vanguard as such and I assume as WGP is no longer about parts are as hard to come by as vanguard? Is there not say companies that make copies of the relevant parts for repairs and maintenance as such or is it genuinely that hard to come by them? And would shipping of parts from the US be costly/impractical?

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
depends on budget, style and what you want from the marker. advice from guides is all well and good till you buy something then regret it. if your wanting a tourney style marker a great entry piece is a mini or better yet an axe. for me i prefer scenario i had a bt omega cheap cheerful durable and got me into things. but if i started again i would have gone straight in to a tm15 with its great looks, lightweight, quiet, its a mini inside, simple and very effective markers.

where abouts are you? sure therell be somewhere nearby where you can check things out

Howzy

Jan 31, 2015
North east
Thanks for the replies guys, so by the sounds of it you could have a very hit or miss experience with a vanguard as such and I assume as WGP is no longer about parts are as hard to come by as vanguard? Is there not say companies that make copies of the relevant parts for repairs and maintenance as such or is it genuinely that hard to come by them? And would shipping of parts from the US be costly/impractical?
Depends how much the parts cost and weighed as Ino people who buy car parts from America and have to pay ridiculous amounts of import duty due to them either being expensive ( which bumps up import duty) or quite heavy.

I'm not sure on how marker parts would be effected by import duty, as you may get away without having to pay anything so it's a win win situation.

D3an091

Apr 15, 2012
depends on budget, style and what you want from the marker. advice from guides is all well and good till you buy something then regret it. if your wanting a tourney style marker a great entry piece is a mini or better yet an axe. for me i prefer scenario i had a bt omega cheap cheerful durable and got me into things. but if i started again i would have gone straight in to a tm15 with its great looks, lightweight, quiet, its a mini inside, simple and very effective markers.

where abouts are you? sure therell be somewhere nearby where you can check things out
I'd prefer a tourney style to be honest, I think that's why my attention moved to the vanguard and WGP, just don't want to spend a huge amount until I know it will be a consistent thing, I'm from Suffolk don't know of any local places just yet, the most local site I know of is about an hour away I think?

D3an091

Apr 15, 2012
Depends how much the parts cost and weighed as Ino people who buy car parts from America and have to pay ridiculous amounts of import duty due to them either being expensive ( which bumps up import duty) or quite heavy.

I'm not sure on how marker parts would be effected by import duty, as you may get away without having to pay anything so it's a win win situation.
I've had car parts imported myself before and like you say it's size, weight and cost dependant, but I suppose it would depend on the size of the part? Internals shouldn't be too bad I wouldn't have thought but boards, frames that sort of thing I imagine would get more expensive, maybe something I'll look into as I do really love the two brands and are at the right end of the scale cost wise for me anyway!

Howzy

Jan 31, 2015
North east
I've had car parts imported myself before and like you say it's size, weight and cost dependant, but I suppose it would depend on the size of the part? Internals shouldn't be too bad I wouldn't have thought but boards, frames that sort of thing I imagine would get more expensive, maybe something I'll look into as I do really love the two brands and are at the right end of the scale cost wise for me anyway!
Hmmm only other thing I can think of is if you speak to a paintball shop in the UK (plenty on here somewhere) and if your lucky they may be able to get in touch with a dealer in America for the parts you want and get them sent over but I dunno if it would be cost effective to yourself and to the place that was doing it.