The Home Of European Paintball

Admin: Custom User Text

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
Gents,

I don't have a Custom User Text field in my profile yet this is what other peeps are using to get a customised status. Is this something that needs to be enabled for individual users?

Any chance of an asist on this? Pretty please.....

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Joe

Coran just wants to know how to manually change his Rookie member status and become a 'paintball dog' or something.

I have a star now so will be happy for a few more days.

Mark

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
Okey dokey. Some people have managed to use their own custom status i.e. Sheriff has 'God of Gods' instead of 'Rookie member'. Many people have worked it out now. Below is a quote from the Forum FAQ on how to do this (it matchs what Sheriff told me).

How do I add a custom status to my profile? [edit your profile]
If the administrator has enabled custom status titles, then you can specify the text you want to display by editing your profile and entering the text you want in the Custom User Text field.
The problem is that I don't have the Custom User Text field when I edit my profile which would allow me to create my own custom bit of nonsense.

More helpful?

P.s. Mark, you are far to easily pleased.

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
Mark 'Star Boy' Toye

If your post happens to be in the right place for a grey background you can hardly see the star!! It's tiny!! . Lets face it, a grey star on a grey background is not the best idea!

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
You're right

But then it is still there so I'm still happy.

As for your own 'custom bit of nonsense' what status were you aiming for mate??

Butt Plug??

Pot Monkey??

Back Player??

hehehe!!!

Mark - up front and personal - paintball in yer face like it's supposed to be!!:eek:

MadTommy

GEEZER
Jul 10, 2001
London
Coran what ever floats your boat,
BUT this is how you do it gezzer: click on User settings at the top of your page.
2: Then click on Edit Profile.
3: scroll down and you will see custom user text (you must tick in the box next to it and put your text in and click on OK.
there you go so know we can giggle at wot you put in now.
Mybe take some tips from Mark.
----------------------------------------
MadTommy - BadCompany UK

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
!!

The 'Custom User Text' field is not available to me! I go to 'Edit Profile' and it ain't there. If some kind soul could say what section in the edit profile screen the 'Custom User Text' field comes under it would be nice.

Joe Schmoe

The Answer to Your Question !!

OK Coran, I've finally caught up with your problem, here's the answer.

The reason why you can't see the 'Custom User Text' field is because new users are required to post at least 10 messages and be member for a minimum of 10 days before they can see/edit this field. Therefre, you should see this field in your profile area tomorrow !!!

The settings were basically pre-set at instal, will we change them? Maybe, but not at present.

L8r

Joe