Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

advice on first marker please

shoddydragon

Jun 9, 2009
hi as the thread title says im looking for advice on my first marker im looking at the etek 4 lt or the empire axe which one is better or what are the differences between the 2?

Hazza

Dec 10, 2012
Have a look on youtube mate theres definiatly gonna be a couple of reviews showing the dofferneces between the two although its really what feels right in your hands, id recommend going to a local shop and asking to feel them or going to a walkon/tourney/big game and asking someone to hae a little shoot or play with both the markers.

automag

Jan 14, 2008
As hazza say's to be honest either the etek 4 or axe you will not have a problem with and be very happy with either one.

Reactions: matj

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Important questions:
How much do you play?
What sort of paintball do you intend on playing, walk-on, scenario, tournament?
What's the most you want to pay for a full marker setup (marker, air bottle, loader)?

shoddydragon

Jun 9, 2009
im just starting to play ive been a couple of times just renting equipment im probably going to go 1 or 2 more before i buy my equipment then im planning to go at least once a month depending on work i might try to go more probably to walk-ons oh i think my budget is about 400-600 for a full set up i still live with my parents and work full time but its down to how long i want to wait to save the money

Last edited:

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Do you already have your own goggles? If not and you intend to keep playing I'd buy a set that you like as the highest priority. As to which make/type, we can't answer that. The best advice is try on as many different pairs as possible at a local shop or your site and see which you prefer.

Another consideration is how comfortable is your local site with people bringing their own markers to use with/against people with rental gear. Many sites don't like doing this outside designated 'walk-on' days. Finally, does your site fill air bottles or do they only use CO2. Which site is it you go to?

Reactions: Swampy83

Swampy83

Feb 22, 2013
as h says the mask is the first thing to buy no point having a good marker if you can't see what your shooting

Magic_Ernie

Jun 11, 2009
Norwich
You can't go wrong with a tippman A5, they are virtually bulletproof in terms of reliability, lots of upgrades available, you can pick them up for next to nothing, and they make an excellent back up marker further down the line if you decide to invest in something more upmarket. Aside from anything else, getting a good cheap reliable marker to start leaves budget available for a great mask, tank, playing gear etc...

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I'm assuming you have all your kit... I'd go for the ETEK4. Whilst both are good markers, there is one very simple reason, Planet Eclipse offer the best customer service in paintball. If have a problem that you cannot fix, they will and it be back to you very quickly