Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

advice on recball marker

preacher

Jun 28, 2006
County Durham
Not sure if this is the proper place for this.
I just bought upgrades for the a5 but I just cant get used to it. So what I’m thinking is sell the gear on, I think I could get about £250 for it all and buy a used marker and fibre bottle. Here’s the question. Speedball is no longer my thing nor do I want a high end marker. Could you lot suggest a marker for a woodsball / scenario player. The marker has to be tough enough to be dropped in the mud and shoot straight. I’ve heard a pmr is fast, rugged and trust worthy. Would this marker be okay or can you suggest something better?
Also I'm not new to paintball
Thanks in advance.

UC Smegpot

Rocket fingers
Sep 17, 2008
Doncaster, UK
I myself play speedball, but the thing i like the best is has to be the BT-4 ironhorse. I play at bawtry sometimes with it i have had it covered with mud and can still shot ropes with it, it's not the most light weight of guns, but it can be easily stripped and lightend.

Regards danny

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
go for a '05 ego.

It will take anything you throw at it and will still keep going.. the best value marker you'll get 2nd hand in my opinion.( 160-200 quid)

newboy

Down but not out.
Feb 15, 2006
Hereford
Visit site
The marker has to be tough enough to be dropped in the mud and shoot straight. .

go for a '05 ego.

It will take anything you throw at it and will still keep going..

Great advice mate :rolleyes:

Since you mention dropping your marker in the mud. I would avoid anything electronic ,if you really want it to "take anything you throw at it and still keep going"

preacher

Jun 28, 2006
County Durham
Thanks for the advice guys. I have it rigged up with a remote coil and steely bottle and I think this may be my problem. It just doesn't feel right. I placed the steely on the marker and the ballence was horrendious. I going to buy a fibre wrapped bottle and attach it straight to the marker. I've already bought the e-grip. If this doesn't work then I'll change markers. But it will have to wait until after xmas. You never know Santa might bring me one. I'm smiling alot at my missus. She thinks I'm after something or have a brain clot.
Cheers guys

ghost 101

Manchester Firm
Jun 11, 2008
Stafford
Ive got an ego 7 and play scenario games. Its fairly tough, really light and pretty accurate.

as for anything you can throw at it... some prick left a hose running on it!!! and its still worked flawlessly.