Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air efficiently

jont

Jul 13, 2011
Hi guys,

Played for the first time this year a few weeks ago in some pretty cold weather. I noticed my gas efficientcy was shocking. My local site only fills tanks to around 2k psi. I was using a 1.1 throttle and a vanguard creed. Getting around 450 shots before volocity seriously dropped off. Had the same issue on my PM7 but even more noticeable.

Is this normal in cold weather?

Thanks guys!

Spooly

PMGWC #16
Jul 9, 2011
Bournemouth
i played at the end of january and it was seriously cold ! and everyone was having problems with thier guns and i did get bad drop off when shooting 10bps semi but i didnt really look at how much air i was using as i just fill my tank up after each game out of habit.

my solenoid was leaking slightly aswell but worked fine when i got home and it warmed up :confused:

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
eurggh markers are so weather temperamental today however was different got 950 off a 3k fill:)

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Markers will tend to be less air efficient in very cold conditions, and you sometimes have to adjust dwell and reg settings to compensate. If you think you have issues on HPA you want to try running a semi on Co2. We had to shoot Co2 all the time in the 1990's and it was a massive pain in the butt in winter. Switching over to air made a huge improvement to both reliability and performance of markers.

Last edited:

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
I only stopped using Co2 in 2k7 because thats when i first went mayhem instead of delta force and ive been delta force only twice since, thankfully they switched to air at some point inbetween so its no so bad now

jont

Jul 13, 2011
Thanks guys, I guessed it was the temperature. Never seen anything like it .