Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

air leak?

echo34

Jul 19, 2006
i have a PM5, dye throttle, and dye on/off. i have not used any of it before. when i gassed it up today, air was leaking out of the screw opposite the macro line attachment on the on/off. i tightened this screw, this caused the hissing to decrease, but i could still hear it. i tightened the macro line too, but it would still not fire (with a ball in) and the hissing could still be heard, slightly. what should i do?

speedbird_666

Old Skool Is Cool....
Feb 1, 2003
Bournemouth.
Firstly, apply some kind of thread sealant to the On/Off blanking screw. DO NOT USE PTFE TAPE!!!

Secondly, is the gun not firing at all? Has it got a new battery?

speedbird_666

Old Skool Is Cool....
Feb 1, 2003
Bournemouth.
You'll need loctite thread sealant.

http://www.planeteclipse.com/site/prodView.asp?prodID=396

If PTFE tape gets into your gun, then it could do damage to seals and the solenoid itself.

After that, reset your regs. Dial the inline regulator IN (Clockwise) until it stops turning (don't tighten it up!) the dial it back out 3-4 turns.

Do the same for the LPR at the front, dial it in, then dial it out 4-5 turns (Stock setting is 5)

The manual can be downloaded from www.Dyematrix.com

Check your battery, and connections to the board as well.

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
PTFE tape is fine. Not gonna get near the noid if you do it properly - Just wrap the screw threads in it, smoothing all around so there aren't loose fibres, and tighten it into the ASA. I use PTFE on the ASA screw, both macroline elbows and tank regulator and it's still running fine.

-Will

speedbird_666

Old Skool Is Cool....
Feb 1, 2003
Bournemouth.
PTFE tape is fine. Not gonna get near the noid if you do it properly - Just wrap the screw threads in it, smoothing all around so there aren't loose fibres, and tighten it into the ASA. I use PTFE on the ASA screw, both macroline elbows and tank regulator and it's still running fine.

-Will
Many manufacturers states that your warantee is void if you use PTFE tape, now they wouldn't do that unless there is a good reason why.

If you've used it and not had any problems, then that's good for you. :rolleyes:

But I personally would never recommend the useage of it.

echo34

Jul 19, 2006
ok, thanks. do i put the sealant over the whole of the screw? or just on the part where it makes contact with the ASA?

speedbird_666

Old Skool Is Cool....
Feb 1, 2003
Bournemouth.
Just on the threads of the blanking screw, you don't need alot, just a couple of drops.

What I do it put the screw on the allen key, apply a couple of drops of sealant to the threads at the top, then gravity will pull the sealent down over the rest of the threads around the circumferance, then screw it in.

Once it's tight in the on/off, wipe of the excess sealent with a rag.

Leave for a bit to harden, the air up and try again.