Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air/Oil ASA

TomMcTaf

Dec 16, 2008
London
Hi,

Is there any lubricant at all that can be used on an ASA without an on/off to save the thread?

I have seen numerous posts about the inherent risks with using oil/grease. The reason i ask is that i watched a TechPB video (think it was the Trilogy Cocker Pump Conversion) where the guy put something on the ASA thread, not sure what it was though.

No flames please, honest question :)

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
got a link to the vid ? but putting any type of oil based lube any where near compressed air is not good

benjy85pb

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2008
West Sussex
Hi,

Is there any lubricant at all that can be used on an ASA without an on/off to save the thread?

I have seen numerous posts about the inherent risks with using oil/grease. The reason i ask is that i watched a TechPB video (think it was the Trilogy Cocker Pump Conversion) where the guy put something on the ASA thread, not sure what it was though.
The oil in question is called Triflow, it's a teflon impregnated lubricant.

The video in question though is:
But the same guy (Mike Philips) made a video before this explaining about why he out's oils on the thread and what cause's tanks explosions:

stiler83

Nov 16, 2001
God's Own County - West Yorkshire
Using oil after the initial stage of regulation ie after the air pressure has dropped to 850psi or below is okay as long as it is an approved paintball oil but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't use it directly on a HPA reg etc. So for example a few drops into the macroline fitting before your inline reg will help keep things nice an lubricated, but anything behind that DON'T DO IT.

But to directly answer your question you really don't want to lube the threads with anything as it act's like grinding paste and will make wear worse.