Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air Refills?????

Danselmo

Oct 25, 2006
Gloucestershire
www.myspace.com
I have now started to treat paintball as a hobby rather than a day out and i have just abused my bank account to buy my own gear. The only thing that is worrying me about using Air rather than Co2 is where can i get refills from(my ION & upgrades arrives next week) :confused: can i refill my air cannister using an industrial air compressor or do i have to go else where and if so how much. Im in gloucestershire so any info where i can refill would be helpful

Play_the_game

Banned
Jun 13, 2006
london (norbury)
what i think would be a good investment is buying of renting and air thank you can rent on for 50 pounds a mouth from any scuba shop or as u where tinkling of going just taking a trip down to ur nearest paintball site and fill from there.

http://www.ukpsf.com/pbsites.asp

yes this to fine a site near to you

hope i have been some help ;)

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
There is a separate thread on this but here you go for an outline:

Air tanks, ideally a 12 litre 232 bar tank (should fill to approx 3000psi), new one would set you back about £100-120, a second hand one in test about £50-60. Try your local dive shop/club or any diving website classifieds.

Scuba tanks need testing every 2.5 years and the cost is about £20-25, scuba tanks last for ages I have one which is over 16 years old and passing tests without a problem. Make sure the tank is in test before you buy they should have a stamp and sticker.

Air fills at your local dive shop range from £1.50 to £3

You will also need a fill rig which is about £40-50 make sure you get one which is compatible with the valve on your scuba tank (DIN or yoke a.k.a. A-clamp)

As for renting a tank - don't bother it's a waste of money

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Local scuba shop

Arg1271 pretty much said it, but my solution was to buy a din fill rig and then take my air system down my local scuba shop for a fill at £1 a go.

However, makes sure they are careful with your fill, as last time I was their they started to fill too quickly and blew the non-return valve in the fill nipple. My how we laughed! Not. Scuba shops are a little more unfamiliar than they will admit with non-scuba air systems.

Just have a think about how often you will need air between game days before you start investing more money. I only really need air in my tank to to check my marker after I strip it down for lubing and such forth, oh and when one of my freinds or family want to have a go in the garden. Not often.

Good luck to you.

Marcus

darren maskell

The Ghandi Man
Jul 17, 2003
lincolnshire
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
Most industrial compressors that ive used only go to about 6-12 bar and you would need 232 bar for a 3000psi fill or 300bar for a 4500psi fill if you post where you are someone may let you no where the nearest paintball site is that will fill your air bottle up.

Danselmo

Oct 25, 2006
Gloucestershire
www.myspace.com
Most industrial compressors that ive used only go to about 6-12 bar and you would need 232 bar for a 3000psi fill or 300bar for a 4500psi fill if you post where you are someone may let you no where the nearest paintball site is that will fill your air bottle up.
Thanks for the help. Well im in the Gloucestershire area. Cheltenham to be precise. anybody with any info on where i can get my cannister filled in this area, would be much appreciated..........thanks.