Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air Systems

Tinks

Feb 20, 2004
erm no, i have a co2 bottle and an air bottle, different sites use diferent gases,

Tinks

Feb 20, 2004
depends on wher u play, if the site u regulary play at uses co2 then get that, i got a marker package and it came with a co2 bottle, but as the site i play at uses air, i bought an air bottle. browse around websites to find the best one

Skeet

Platinum Member
Co2 bottle are usually constructed of steel....they are only designed to store Co2...@900 psi or so
Compressed air botttles are generally made from a coposite Kevlar wrap around a steel or ally bottle.
They are designed to store air at up to 3000 psi or 4500 psi or 5000psi....so as you can see, putting air into a Co2 bottle is a bad idea....
However you can put Co2 in an AIR bottle.
Air is better than Co2 if you can get it, its more consistent (which aids accuracy) cleaner, and doesnt make your marker freeze up...however it is stored at ridiculous preassures and needs to be treated with a great deal more respect than co2, which demands enough respect as it is!
Whichever you choose, just remember that that is a bomb you have nder your chin..its just a question of how powerful that bomb is....

lammy

Sep 24, 2003
lincolnshire
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
Air is deffinetly better it's more consistent and your marker won't spike as much over the crono.I highly recomend the pro toyz reg from planet its a pin valve so with the right bottom line and depending on your gun you could probably use a Co2 and an air system, just not at the same time :D :D :D

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Originally posted by Skeetmaster
Co2 bottle are usually constructed of steel....they are only designed to store Co2...@900 psi or so
I can see i'll have to keep an eye on you Skeety.. there u go giving out wrong info again ;) :p Most 20oz Co2 bottles nowadays are made of seamless aluminium and have a service pressure of 1800psi / 124 bar, tho granted, they vary a bit...
Whichever you choose, just remember that that is a bomb you have nder your chin..its just a question of how powerful that bomb is....
True... but 1800psi will kill you every bit as effectively as 4500psi so don't think that co2 is safer because of it's lower pressure, its NOT. Its not that dangerous either PROVIDED you know what you're doing when you fill it, and what dangers can arise. So don't be afraid to ask, either on here or at your local site. :)

Skeet

Platinum Member
So i was wrong about the Steel...bloomin heavy tho!!:D
Wasnt sure...new they did ally ones...erm Service preassure of 1800 psi, ie:test preassure... being twice the storage preassure of co2 at 900 psi...? am i right in thinking that, co2 leaves the bottle at between 850 to 900 psi...i believe. Being as Co2 valves are non regulated.
And yes...any real compressed gas at even minor preassure is gonna be nasty if it goes pop..however as the lovely Gupps said, as long as you observe procedure etc, there should be no problems...even over inflatting a car tyre at the petrol station, say 80 psi, if it went pop, will flay the skin from your face...:eek: