Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air System's

Friswell_69

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2006
blackburn
well psi is pounds per square inch the tank can hold which is basically the amount of pressure the tank can hold
hp and lp is just the diferednt out put pressures the tank gives out hp is about 850psi and lp is aroudn 450psi

test need to be done to make sure the tank is still safe to use , tanks have to be rehydrotested evry 5 or 3 years depending on the tank (i think) but the tank its self will say when it was last tested and when it was born and when it dies, this is all usualli on a sticker on the tank or stamped on to the tank

jknight15

I piss nitroglycerin
Feb 3, 2007
Cardboard box alongside M53
Most gats these days work fine with either LP or HP tanks. However there are some gats that are a bit picky on which one, eg the Ion works with only HP if i remember rightly.

The tank should say on it when it was born, when it dies, its capacity size, its weight and a whole bunch of other numbers and letters :D

t_doherty69

Red Team
Feb 25, 2007
stoke-on-trent
Most gats these days work fine with either LP or HP tanks

However there are some gats that are a bit picky on which one, eg the Ion works with only HP if i remember rightly
yeah most markers now-a-days are so high tech it doesn't really matter what you use i mean you could fart into the high end model gats and they still fire, but always check your markers manual first!:D

jknight15

I piss nitroglycerin
Feb 3, 2007
Cardboard box alongside M53
Well my 07's manual does not say don't hold the asa between your cheeks and let rip (pun intended) :)

Something to do tomorrow I suppose, though I think I mite get velocity spikes due to the curry I had for dinner

russyj

Leeds Uni Paintball Soc
Jul 22, 2007
www.luupbs.co.uk
Im guessing HP makes the paintballs go quicker/furthur?

Is there anyway to know how long between tests?
How long between tests - I've just picked up 2 tanks in the last few days, and I got confused on this one (but ended up with a brilliant deal). The earliest date on the bottle will be when it was born (it'll say like 2005/05, i.e. July 2005). Its first test is due exactly 5 years after this (so July 2010). There should also be a box where the date of retest is written in (when it gets it), though to be honnest I'd like to see a photo of a retested bottle to see what they write, because what stops you filling that in yourself (illegal and stupid, wasnt for me, was to avoid getting ripped off). PERSONALLY (note the emphasis) I wouldnt buy a bottle with less than 2 years of test on it, because while most bottles pass their test, a few fail, which means you'd only get a years use out of it (I would however buy it if it was dirt cheap, I take risks like that :D).

HP making the balls go quicker/futher - right, heres the technical bit. The input pressure has (almost) nothing to do with your velocity and shooting distance ONCE VELOCITY HAS BEEN ADJUSTED. The difference between HP and LP is that HP will come out of the bottle and into the gun at a higher pressure than LP. Once it hits the gun however, some form of regulation will be done by the gun (even as basic as the old-skool Tippy velocity screws) so as to release the exact amount/pressure of air on a trigger pull to fire 1 ball at around 280fps (depending on what you chrony'd to). Other factors in velocity/distance are the barrel, and there are a few bolts for spyders and other more basic guns (venturi is it?) that reckon they put topspin on the ball and make it fly futher. Can't say anything as to whether or not this works or not.

End result - check whether your gun NEEDS a type of pressure (HP for ions, I think Vikings used to only take LP?) or if it takes either (i.e. egos), then select your gas system accordingly, adjust velocity, then mow some fools :cool:.