Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air training

synergy

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2008
Bicester
hi guys
does anyone know of somewhere (oxford area) i can get air training too fill my bottle from a scuba tank i just converted from co2 and dont want too blow it up and hurt anyone in the process
i have a 300bar scuba tank and a 1.1ltr 5000psi bottle

i know the basics
fill slowly 1000psi let it stand so on till filled
never put oil or grease in fill niple
do not open scuba valve too fast or fully open
but thats about it really

i would be gratfull of any help as i want too get it going and set my marker up

cheers in advance
chris

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
I don't know of any training that would be available, certainly not down to the specifics you have stated (it's a subject that has been banded around on the forums a few times) I think that there were some breifings being held at events but I don't know how 'official' these were.
from your 'basics' list you seem to be going along the right track, the only thing I'd add to that would be to check the bottle and reg for damage and make sure it's in date.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
hi guys
does anyone know of somewhere (oxford area) i can get air training too fill my bottle from a scuba tank i just converted from co2 and dont want too blow it up and hurt anyone in the process

i know the basics
fill slowly 1000psi let it stand so on till filled
never put oil or grease in fill niple
do not open scuba valve too fast or fully open
but thats about it really

i would be gratfull of any help as i want too get it going and set my marker up

cheers in advance
chris
Just make sure your your equipment is in test and good working condition. A lot is good common sense.
If at any point a friend wants his bottle filling, to make sure its rated at 300 bars too.

Another note is, if your in a middle of a fill, the fill nipple o'ring goes, close off the air tank and let the air excess out the bottle with the bleed valve .

Rgvrip

Dec 8, 2008
Dagenham, essex
being that ur dive tank is 3000psi and your air tank is 5000psi u should really have much of a problem theres no danger of u over pressurising the tank.

if u worried u could get a filling whip with a guage on it so as u open the valve on the dive tank you can see the pressure going into the bottle

u only need to be super carteful when ur going from high to low pressure. like when i fill my air rifle which is 2000psi max pressure and my dive bottle is 3000psi just have to opn the valve slowly and watch the guage on the whip!!

no bother i do it all the time!!!!!!

synergy

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2008
Bicester
thanks for the replies guys im going too get my tank tested this week at hpac if all is well will give it a fill

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
This is a great post, from a new forum frequenter worried about the safety of bottles and asking for help. Synergy you are indeed 1 smart cookie, most people would have just had a go at filling and not bothered about the safety but you sir obviously have a brain. I don my e-hat to you sir for being clever enough to think about safety before doing something (if only some other forum users were this sensible :))

dave t

GWC #25
Oct 25, 2001
North East
Visit site
This is a great post, from a new forum frequenter worried about the safety of bottles and asking for help. Synergy you are indeed 1 smart cookie, most people would have just had a go at filling and not bothered about the safety but you sir obviously have a brain. I don my e-hat to you sir for being clever enough to think about safety before doing something (if only some other forum users were this sensible :))

and no text speak either Sid...we like him already :D

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
being that ur dive tank is 3000psi and your air tank is 5000psi u should really have much of a problem theres no danger of u over pressurising the tank.

if u worried u could get a filling whip with a guage on it so as u open the valve on the dive tank you can see the pressure going into the bottle

u only need to be super carteful when ur going from high to low pressure. like when i fill my air rifle which is 2000psi max pressure and my dive bottle is 3000psi just have to opn the valve slowly and watch the guage on the whip!!

no bother i do it all the time!!!!!!
300 Bar = 4350 psi or very near to that.

If the scuba tank was filled to the max 300 bar by his local diving shop or wherever he gets it filled, its not good practise to fill any bottle from the scuba tank that has a lower pressure limit (gauges can be wrong or fail), although in the OP case, he should be fine as he has a 5k bottle.

synergy

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2008
Bicester
thanks for the comments guys its not hard to respect the people around you and the equiptment we use