Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

airsoft pisses on paintball

Team Demonic

Bunker Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Burgess Hill, West Sussex
Visit site
Airsoft is more linked to military stratergies and tactics, where as paintball is moving rapidly towards becoming a regognized sport. At this present time it would be a bad move to associate with airsoft as this ( in the eyes of major figures in this country ) would portray paintball with realistic or live firarms. This then would inhbit the progress of paintball becoming an national/international sport.

I reckon within the next 2 years, paintball will explode into the sporting world with people placing bets on games and revenue increasing within the sport.

Thx for listening to me babble.

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
OK,
How about a PGI survey.
Lets find out how many of the readership are tourny based, how many are rec based.
Could be kinda interesting to find out full global coverage too.
Personally i dont know one rec baller that has bought more than one copy of pgi.

Make sure you get facts on your full target audience before ys bombard them with crap they dont wanna see or they will walk away from ya.

Saying that why not fill the back of the mag with sex line numbers, most ballers wives walked out on them years ago and thus they are a total bunch of ball tossers anyway ;)

Urban

Oct 31, 2001
Beds, UK
Visit site
I've brought PGI once and considering almost every other member of the team buys it, there is almost nothing in there I find overly interesting, and that which I do is read and done inside of 20mins more out of curiousity than real interest, I don't think I'll be taking out a subscription.

Originally Posted by TJ 2
Extreme sports mags don't sell
Could this be something to do with extreme sports people wanting to 'do' not 'read'?

Urban

Urban

Oct 31, 2001
Beds, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by TJ Lambini
So what would you want in a pball mag?
Well.. you see.. that's the problem.

I don't find Tourney descriptions interesting in the slightest... no amount of words can generate the same feeling you get actually doing it. The only thing I find remotely interest in the Tourney section is results and they can normally be found somewhere on here.

I'm not interested in the Rec-ball scene so that's another section I won't bother reading.

Reviews of equipment and the like can be found elsewhere on the net, and normally found in enough different places that a complete compare and contrast can be done, from the "we make it so it's hot" to the "Our competitors make it so its sh*te" style reviews, and everything in between.

The Training section I find of moderate interest. I must confess to having read all the articles in the p8nt section of the website that deals "being a better...." or "what to do when..." but there is only so much you can learn through reading before you just have to get out there and do it, make the mistakes, and then do it better.

Featured player is very ho-hum and almost everything in the news section has normally already appeared somewhere on here or warpig.

The only article I generally end up reading is (I can't believe I'm going to say this...;) ) Robbo's. For some bizarre reason I usually find it interesting....

So the scary thing is that the answer to your question, based on what I've covered above, would be "A mag full of Robbo"!!!

I'm obviously a very strange individual!

:D

Urban