Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Angel A1 issues

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Just bought an angel a1, did the mini-reg conversion and i seem to be having some issues. The gun fires fine for four or five rounds then the bolt sticks and i get a huge leak from the bolt. Firing it again stops the leak and the whole cycle starts again. Any ideas?

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Check that the breech seal hasn't started to lift. Oil makes the adhesive go gloopy and the seal then starts to lift, causing bolt stick as it pushed the breech out of alignment slightly. Also check to see if there are marks in the anno on the left side of the body which line up with the breech block when it's swung open - they could indicate that it was fired without the breech locked, potentially bending the breech pin and causing bolt stick.

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Check that the breech seal hasn't started to lift. Oil makes the adhesive go gloopy and the seal then starts to lift, causing bolt stick as it pushed the breech out of alignment slightly. Also check to see if there are marks in the anno on the left side of the body which line up with the breech block when it's swung open - they could indicate that it was fired without the breech locked, potentially bending the breech pin and causing bolt stick.
Where do i find the breech seal?

den656

Jul 12, 2010
Just open the breech mate, ,it is the black roughly square shaped seal that is sitting on top of the body ,usually has Angel in white written on it too ,once the breech is open it will be easily visible .

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Just open the breech mate, ,it is the black roughly square shaped seal that is sitting on top of the body ,usually has Angel in white written on it too ,once the breech is open it will be easily visible .
Mate, i dont even know where the breech is. Im a total angel newb sadly.

den656

Jul 12, 2010
Here is a pic of it chap,it just occurred to me,your A1, does it have a breech that opens like the pic ? as they did release an Angel with a clsoed breech,in which case you wont have a breech seal lol

den656

Jul 12, 2010
The breech seal is the part where there is a white oval if you look . They are simple to replace, just make sure you get all the old adhesive out before you put a new one in .

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
The breech seal is the part where there is a white oval if you look . They are simple to replace, just make sure you get all the old adhesive out before you put a new one in .
Oh thats really easy to find. So how do i know if this is knackered?