Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Angel A1 or keep the ego 07

jcooke

Ripping it up for Epidemic
Jul 7, 2008
Manchester
All, i currently own a ego 07, team strange impulse and a eclipse cocker. Was thinking of selling the 07 and maybe the impulse and getting a Angel A1 and upgrading it with magna internals. My question is will i regret it or are the angels just as good as the ego. I am intrigued by the angel and i would obviously have a nice bit of cash left over if i sold them both. Which could help at harsh times:eek:

Thanks for the replies in advance guys

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
If you want to try-before-you-buy an A1, I'm just about to fly mine. The parts *should* be with me this week.

Let me know as I am in MancLand as well.

cheers

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
A1 is probably the most underrated marker out there. My stock a1 was great, with the magno internals it was even better, and I bought the Joy fly, which is just flawless.

jcooke

Jul 7, 2008
Manchester
Thanks for that raffles, very good of you. Dont suppose you go to sheffield or the asylum do you. I am a strong believer in try before you buy, but i have never seen one on a field as yet:(. Always ego's. have my eye on the A1 rasta in the for sales thread.

If you want to try-before-you-buy an A1, I'm just about to fly mine. The parts *should* be with me this week.

Let me know as I am in MancLand as well.

cheers

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
It's all personal preference mate, both very good high end markers.

Just depends what you prefer, for example many people love the angels but i don't seem to like them for some reason. Much prefer my ego :)

So either way you won't be disappointed, but i'd try an angel before you chuck something you like into something you MAY not ;)

jcooke

Jul 7, 2008
Manchester
Thanks for all the advice guys, going to give the angel a whirl i think. put my other two markers up for sale anyway. so will start looking at angels:D

kiwitim

Once was a Deviant.....
Mar 26, 2008
ABERDEEN Brrrrrrr.....
Mmmmmmmmm.....well, I was always an angel man myself, from the LCD, A4 fly's, to the G7 and G7 Fly. Once I moved to the UK, a little bird (Kitty), pushed me to try an Ego.

Being that I wanted an A1, I went ahead and bought both to try side - by side.

Now, because I have always been an Angel fan, I was shocked to find that the ego 07 was soo much lighter than the A1, and was better on air. But as said above, the Angel is quieter, and very good with fragile paint.

I tried both for quite some time, before selling off the Angel...much to my own surprise, and amusement of certain anti-angel team mates....

It is all down to personal preference though, but you can't go wrong with either ;)

Hopefully I was no help at all :confused:

jcooke

Jul 7, 2008
Manchester
It was helpfull, thank you mate. I think i have to do the same, all the people i play with own ego's like myself and i feel its time for a change. change can be good, it worked for you:)

Mmmmmmmmm.....well, I was always an angel man myself, from the LCD, A4 fly's, to the G7 and G7 Fly. Once I moved to the UK, a little bird (Kitty), pushed me to try an Ego.

Being that I wanted an A1, I went ahead and bought both to try side - by side.

Now, because I have always been an Angel fan, I was shocked to find that the ego 07 was soo much lighter than the A1, and was better on air. But as said above, the Angel is quieter, and very good with fragile paint.

I tried both for quite some time, before selling off the Angel...much to my own surprise, and amusement of certain anti-angel team mates....

It is all down to personal preference though, but you can't go wrong with either ;)

Hopefully I was no help at all :confused:

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I don't go over to Sheffield - but I will be at the next NQ newbie day (April 4th). Come and say hello and have an Angel filled morning.

As for The Asylum, I've been meaning to pop over there and check it out - but just haven't had the time. However, it does sound like a good opportunity for me to test the marker after it's rebuild....WTS!