Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Another New Guy

Jun 25, 2009
South West London
Hola one and all

As you may gather from the title, I'm someone new to these forums & paintball in general. I played a few rental days and had a good time so I decided to move up to walk on days!

I've got just enough kit to play (though the upcoming payday will improve matters in that regard) and now I am looking for places to go. I've been to several rental days and one walk on at Campaign Paintball in Surrey, which I really enjoyed, but as they only do one walk on per month, I was wondering if there were any other places that do walk ons South of London which can be easily reached by train on a Sunday(as I lack car :eek:)?

Any ideas anyone?

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
Welcome buddy, SPC Dorking is the best place for you, although you will need to arrange a ride with someone;

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122573

There are some teams there, although I have never been there on a full day, I'v heard the ground is excellent!

Give the place a buzz and im sure you can go down whenever you feel like it on weekends. I'm sure you'd be able to get picked up by a team down there aswell.

Best of luck, if you have any further questions then just post them up, we wont bite... unless if you made of food

benjy85pb

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2008
West Sussex
Welcome to the board and paintball!

A little further south there's also Holmbush paintball, which has a walk-on on the first Sunday of every month. However, as with above, you'd need to get a train, either to Horsham or Crawley and then organise a lift to get you to the site, as Holmbush is located between the two.

They are a woodsball site and have their own store there as well. (The Paintball Store.tv) Where you can get any equipment assistance or even buy new equipment! They also have a nice variety of fields on offer.

Bandwagon

Goldfish69 Photography
Hi pal,

being slightly less bias...

Why don't you try the different sites in the area. Campaign, Holmbush, SPC etc etc ?

All have slightly different setups and general gameplay rules - find out which one suits you best - Holmbush for instance limits the AMOUNT of paint you can carry onto the field, so beginners and new guys can actually enjoy the games and learn how to play without fear of being bonus balled. The games overall are now fluent and fast paced, with lots of movement all over the field (unless you decide to camp that is :eek: ). You'll enjoy around 14-16 games on the day, so plenty of opportunity to shoot your paint and learn the basics! You can also BYO paint there aswell.

Find out what other sites do, maybe organise a lift with others and go enjoy several sites to see which YOU prefer.

Above all have fun ;)

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Its my opinion which i am entitled to, there are reason why i and others think this

okay so we wont a totally non bias review of a site, here we go

i know you want one in the south but try reading, Weekend Warriors shoots titties off eveything else as a walkon site

Its £45, you get a choice of branded paint, you can call before hand and ask what they will have, they can also keep it warm for you, you can BYO if you wish but at £45 might as well buy the paint

almost any fire mode
4500 psi fills
as much paint as you want
and best of all your team can stay together, none of this splitting up ;)

this walkon is cheap as chips, obladeo on this forum has details

~Solo~

Sep 13, 2007
Kent
none of this splitting up b*ll*x
Slightly unnecessary Sci-Fi. As well a being entitled to an opinion you are also entitled to a choice. You have made yours but others, particularly noobs, should be free to make theirs without being unduly influenced by bias borne out of a specific dissagreement.

By all means be positive about SPC but please also be objective about what other sites have to offer.

Zambezi: Have a look at the following link - it might help based upon your ability to commute:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=110201870228186013831.00000112fb499f41e2620&ll=51.662334,-0.065918&spn=1.737804,4.235229&z=8

Jun 25, 2009
South West London
Thanks for the info guys.

I really like Campaign but was interested in finding other sites to see what they were like & if I wanted to play more than once per month or couldn't make the Campaign day.

The main thing was to find places you can get to by train without too much hassle. But after a quick look check, it seems like SFC and Holmbush both could do ok in that regards.

I'd like to try the Reading one (Weekend Warriors) too, but that would take 2 hours to get to by train which could be a problem :( . Getting up that early on a Sunday morning just aint right! :eek:

Anyway, cheers once again for the help guys, will catch you all one day in the non too distant future at one of the sites. Just dont shoot me too much.....