Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Another newb air/co2 question

primep8

Feb 8, 2014
Ok so i have just bought a 20oz co2 bottle.. From what i have gathered it probably wasnt the best choice, i think i will get an air system also but anyway my question is how long does your co2/air last i appreciatei it depends on how much paint is going through the barrel but for example would a full 20oz co2 bottle last me for my first whole day out? Thanks primep8

connor96

Jul 26, 2013
northampton
we are gonna need more details like if its a walkon day or going with a bunch of rentals. also what type of gun etc

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Welkommen,

You didn't shoot much for a bottle to last you all day, I use air 4.5K .8l bottle and it gets me a game 2 rounds on a walk in, in short around 7-800 shots. But they charge quickly anyway its no hassle. More sites use air and lots of markers wont take CO2 so might be worth taking the plunge early to get it out of the way.
was the last item I bought and the least I wanted to buy but CF bottles make a huge difference over steel ones.

primep8

Feb 8, 2014
Yes i have been reading through the many threads and a whole new set up is on the list aslong as i get into the sport as much as i think i will but for now i have a tippmann 98 and am planning on jumping in with some rentals and maybe some walk ons but jus a bit curious if a 20oz co2 would last me any of these days as the last thing i want to happen is to have to leave early due to an empty tank as the field only caters for air.. Not sure wether i want to buy an air tank untill i no for sure its for me and untill i have a better markerl??

sundance1968

sundance1968
Jan 26, 2009
nottingham
Ok so i have just bought a 20oz co2 bottle.. From what i have gathered it probably wasnt the best choice, i think i will get an air system also but anyway my question is how long does your co2/air last i appreciatei it depends on how much paint is going through the barrel but for example would a full 20oz co2 bottle last me for my first whole day out? Thanks primep8
if memory serves I used to get about 600 from a semi marker and pump 750 + shots from 20 oz,

but you would usually re-fill before ran out of gas as shot's would be falling

problem with co2, freeze down from shooting fast and consistently you'll need a syphon tube ,real problems in the cold weather

you definatley need to get an air system starter bottle £35 posted zen from bz or try just paintball and arsenal paintball think they had empire bottles you cannot go wrong

worry about fibre-glass bottles when you pick up an expensive marker

connor96

Jul 26, 2013
northampton
if memory serves I used to get about 600 from a semi marker and pump 750 + shots from 20 oz,

but you would usually re-fill before ran out of gas as shot's would be falling

problem with co2, freeze down from shooting fast and consistently you'll need a syphon tube ,real problems in the cold weather

you definatley need to get an air system starter bottle £35 posted zen from bz or try just paintball and arsenal paintball think they had empire bottles you cannot go wrong

worry about fibre-glass bottles when you pick up an expensive marker
yeah bz is a good option or guerrilla air from lips is 40 if you don't like zen

Abyss

Feb 11, 2014
Kettering
Hi as a new player myself I have never used co2 except in caplets in pistol,but I think you will be better going to air to be honest,the problem seems that no games run/ fill co2,and running out would end your day,none leak even though fixable would end your game and fun,and you will have to make extra time before every game to fill yr tank,getting back late from work when the fill is planned will cause no end of problems for you,these are just some of the reasons I would say get a 35 quid tank a remote line and enjoy your games with out the worry you have now

primep8

Feb 8, 2014
Thanks for the advice think i might just buy a starter air bottle for now then and then upgrade all my gear as and when i get better/more confident in my game and abyss the remote line you mentioned what is there purpose exactly? What are there benefits? Thanks

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
Remote lines are used to allow you to have the bottle in your pod pack, the marker is then usually fitted with a stock. They are used to lighten the weight of milsim set ups.