The Home Of European Paintball

Another Newbie!

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Hi Kentdan,

Got your PM but decided to reply here for the benefit of all

Paintball is addictive & also expensive, but can be played on a budget. The guys I play with got into the game best part of 20 years ago, but we still can't kick the habit. As others have said you need to find out what type of play floats your boat - Tourny (supair & Xball) or Rec/scenario type of play in the woods. I'd suggest going to a few games to spectate, and chat to the guys there about cost & kit reqirements.

You should be able to kit yourself out to a fair standard for £400-500. Shop around and don't dismiss used gear if it's been well looked after. It's worth spending extra on a good set of goggles, boots, some pads and maybe gloves, the see what's left for a pack + pots & a marker. Provided you have playing kit you might be able loan guns, which would also help you decide on which to buy.

Pay and hire group days are an option, and save you having to buy kit. However paint tends to be around the 5p - 6p a ball mark, so it's easy to run up a big bill. The plus side is these type of sites tend to put more effort into the catering & fields, with structures and vehicles & creative game plans.

Walk on days cost around £50-70 for a day, which would include a box of paint and air. Food is often extra & you'll have to supply all your own playing kit. If you can find a site that allows BYO paint, you can shop around for deals to help to keep cost down if you shoot a lot.

I don't play sup-air but hear it can be expensive, and you don't really get a lot of actual playing time for you cash. Maybe others can here give more info?

Best of luck

Skeet

Platinum Member
oh my god...

have fun...

great kid bit of a chatter box so you won't feel shy around him...:p
Yeah, he don't shut up on MS does he...but, face to face he is like a little Maltese mouse.

I think he was at his most chatty today when I saw him briefly...said about 30-40 words.:D

New guy! Drop me a PM, JTD trains where I do, coz I told him to and it rocks.

Dartford is a tournament site, but you will find plenty of people there, but best to go invited, just so you have some people to meet up with...I dont train at Dartford, I train about 20 mins down teh road from there, nearer to Medway where I live.

JTD1993

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2007
Chatham, Medway, Kent, UK.
Yeah, he don't shut up on MS does he...but, face to face he is like a little Maltese mouse.

I think he was at his most chatty today when I saw him briefly...said about 30-40 words.:D

New guy! Drop me a PM, JTD trains where I do, coz I told him to and it rocks.

Dartford is a tournament site, but you will find plenty of people there, but best to go invited, just so you have some people to meet up with...I dont train at Dartford, I train about 20 mins down teh road from there, nearer to Medway where I live.
First line :eek: Because I've got fast fingers, I'm impatient and have nothing better to do.
Second line.. :confused: You was busy! Plus Jack and Olly are my age so I talk to them more ..
Third line.. Yeah, it does.. You hardly train though! :)
Fourth line.. No comment.

Skeet

Platinum Member
First line :eek: Because I've got fast fingers, I'm impatient and have nothing better to do.
Second line.. :confused: You was busy! Plus Jack and Olly are my age so I talk to them more ..
Third line.. Yeah, it does.. You hardly train though! :)
Fourth line.. No comment.
First Line: You only have fast fingers because of MSN
Second Line:You would learn more from talking to people like me and Paul!
Third Line: It does, and we do...just missed out while I was out of teh country!
Fourth Line: No comment, no comment.

:D

JTD1993

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2007
Chatham, Medway, Kent, UK.
First Line: You only have fast fingers because of MSN
Second Line:You would learn more from talking to people like me and Paul!
Third Line: It does, and we do...just missed out while I was out of teh country!
Fourth Line: No comment, no comment.

:D
Well at least you told the truth - Line 1
I know I would but you're Ressurection scum :D:p - Line 2
Shouldn't have missed out - Line 3
No comment - Line 4 :)

Joe