Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Any help on walking the trigger?

ChairChimp

It's a chimp and a chair!
Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
I've got an E1-bladed cocker with the very nice new samurai trigger courtesy of those nice boys at planet.

My main prob is that shooting other gats before I'm havng issues in being able to start walking the trigger on the E-blade.

Ok, so single dinger firing is pretty much fast enough for everything I do as I'm no Greenspan on the field, but I'd still like to improve (wouldn't we all).

I'm currently taking it slow and very slowly ramping up the walking speed. I reckon it's just a case of making my fingers get used to the new trigger etc, but any advice / set-up tips would be greatly appreciated from those who successfully walk their triggers.

Cheers folks,

Matt / Chimp

TenaciousM

U sure got'a purdy mouth
May 25, 2003
Somewhere but no one cares
Visit site
a good way to practice waliking is to dangle a pen(or pencil) (near the top of pen with thumb and fore finger) in your off hand,
then hold the pen a couple of cm away from something hard like the edge of a table top, then walk the pen with any luck you should hear the pen tapping on the hard surface this is a good way to check that you have a good rythum.
i tend to walk my fingers every where i go its a subconcious thing it just happens it really pisses the missus off when we are out i just sit double tapping whatever i can its a bit sad but hey i can get up a good speed and its pretty consistant!!

Jud

thinking of coming Back
Oct 7, 2002
Somanc
aol.com
Originally posted by TenaciousM
a good way to practice waliking is to dangle a pen(or pencil) (near the top of pen with thumb and fore finger) in your off hand,
then hold the pen a couple of cm away from something hard like the edge of a table top, then walk the pen with any luck you should hear the pen tapping on the hard surface this is a good way to check that you have a good rythum.
i tend to walk my fingers every where i go its a subconcious thing it just happens it really pisses the missus off when we are out i just sit double tapping whatever i can its a bit sad but hey i can get up a good speed and its pretty consistant!!
just like me driving the car etc , now some times especilly on the night before a torny , im constantly tapping anything ;)

JamieD

SZ Mafia
Dec 12, 2003
Carlisle
www.szpaintball.proboards.com
just tapping anything helps (in more than one aspect of life ;) lol) no matter what its going to make your fingers get used to moving in that rythem..... but whatever you do, do it with your off hand too, it is an essential skill to have in paintball so your game will benafit more from doing it with both hands