Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Anybody read....

Sandan

Carlos
Sep 17, 2006
Wirral
Plus, if you like it old school then you have Day of the Jackel, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, or Guns of Navarone.

That era is too often overlooked for pure page-turning entertainment.
just opened up a whole new genre for me to wade into! nice one Beaker:)

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Between a Rock & a Hard Place by Aron Ralston thoroughly reccommend it
(guy goes on solo walk/climb in america, gets arm stuck, accepts death, un-accepts death & cuts own arm off with pocket knife, escapes)

and Tess of the D'Ubervilles and Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy, and some of Seven Pillars of Wisdom by TE Lawrence

Ahdinko said:
Just skimmed through the thread, and amazed noone has suggested "The Alphabet of Manliness" by Maddox.
Yeah I flicked through it in waterstones, pretty funny :D

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Cooks, just for you. Anything by Neal Stephenson, the ultimate genre buster. Not for everybody but trust me, you won't be disappointed. The best are Cryptonomicon and the System of the World trilogy. But maybe start with Snow Crash.
Also, one of the most literate and entertaining series of historical fiction is the Crawford of Lymond series by Dorothy Dunnett now back in print if you like that sort of thing.

AL21784

I love lamp
Sep 19, 2005
Hijacking Balf's datas
Chris Ryan books are good, read 2 of his and there brilliant, as with Tom clancey books read several of his, Rainbow six is awesome and the splinter cell books are as good as the games, if not better :D