The Home Of European Paintball

are MOD's a Law unto Themselves?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayH-StealthMan

Apr 17, 2009
DORSET... POOLE
Dear Sirs, Mod’s & God’s
Hello there, I am not sure where to start.. but I have recently had the delight to meet a very polite Tom Allen on the P8nt forum, as he decided to ban me for 2 days?.. and I am trying to understand why!!
I am very angry, (as in..upset!) that he has done this, as I have just read your rules and regulations.. and it states "Personal attacks are severely frowned on" ( I am guessing this means old school members talking to newbie’s like me)… but this is what he did to me, in attacking me. And as myself being a newbie,( He Knew This ) I had no idea he was, what you guys like to call them “God” I thought the role of a MOD – GOD, is to police the newbie’s, and the forum in general and offer advice, act upon rude and personal attacks, to stop anything that is severely frowned upon and so on.. But why are the MOD’s allowed to be rude to Newbie’s like he was rude to me, with a personal remark and attacked me..oh listen.. you know.. verbally lol. And he did not ever point out that he was a God .. sorry I mean a MOD.
I am loving the forum..loving the guys on there, and to be given this treatment is quite cheap from Mr. Tom Allen..
I have only been on the forum a number of days, spent most of my time reading info and posts and rules.. to make sure I, like everyone else to comply with the rules as best I can.
I do not know where to go from here Sir, but everyone I have met on the P8nt forum, as texted me and e-mailed me.. saying he has done wrong, and simply if he had not approached, like he had.. I would not have been so cheeky back.. as I had no idea he was a MOD, as I only thought he was spotty assed punk, trying to attack me for being a newbie. Hence my reply back, and buy the time he informed me he was as such.. I had gone beyond caring.

So where do I go.. from here. I see the rules for the Joe public on the forum, but what about some rules for MOD’s.. like, they must make aware to all, that they are mods, they also must abide by the rules that they set out for others to follow, and so on. I just feel that from what I have been told, this is not the first..nor the last time this kind of thing will happen. As I thought a forum is a place to go, to talk, enjoy new subjects, and new friends..learn new things and such, that was all I wanted, but it is not what I ended up with.

Yours sincerely

JayH-StealthMan

Ps, are my dots - …. Really that bad, it’s simply the way I type, but I have refrained from doing so, this time lol.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Simple answer...Yes

Longer answer...Yes and welcome back from bansville :)

I have highlighted the error of your ways:

'I would not have been so cheeky back.. as I had no idea he was a MOD, as I only thought he was spotty assed punk, trying to attack me for being a newbie. Hence my reply back, and buy the time he informed me he was as such.. I had gone beyond caring.'

I have no idea what this relates too, but ive aways found Mr T A to be extremely friendly and helpful (in the few YEARS i have been here) It looks, from an outsiders perspective that he was being sarcastic/having some fun with you and you took it the wrong way and got a little cheeky.

The Mods do an un-enviable task of making sure this place is tip top, if I were you id get over it and get on with enjoying the forum not harbouring grudges.

As for the grammar, you seem to have been using .... instead of ,

EDIT-read your history and the problem is Tom asked what was with your typing in a jovial fashion and you got cocky, he then warned you and you continued on with your arrogant tone..Your fault not his, im amazed you only got 2 days off.

Enjoy your stay :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Dear Sirs, Mod’s & God’s
Hello there, I am not sure where to start.. but I have recently had the delight to meet a very polite Tom Allen on the P8nt forum, as he decided to ban me for 2 days?.. and I am trying to understand why!!
I am very angry, (as in..upset!) that he has done this, as I have just read your rules and regulations.. and it states "Personal attacks are severely frowned on" ( I am guessing this means old school members talking to newbie’s like me)…butthis is what he did to me, in attacking me. And as myself being a newbie,( He Knew This ) I had no idea he was, what you guys like to call them “God” I thought the role of a MOD – GOD, is to police the newbie’s, and the forum in general and offer advice, act upon rude and personal attacks, to stop anything that is severely frowned upon and so on.. But why are the MOD’s allowed to be rude to Newbie’s like he was rude to me, with a personal remark and attacked me..oh listen.. you know.. verbally lol. And he did not ever point out that he was a God .. sorry I mean a MOD.
I am loving the forum..loving the guys on there, and to be given this treatment is quite cheap from Mr. Tom Allen..
I have only been on the forum a number of days, spent most of my time reading info and posts and rules.. to make sure I, like everyone else to comply with the rules as best I can.
I do not know where to go from here Sir, but everyone I have met on the P8nt forum, as texted me and e-mailed me.. saying he has done wrong, and simply if he had not approached, like he had.. I would not have been so cheeky back.. as I had no idea he was a MOD, as I only thought he was spotty assed punk, trying to attack me for being a newbie. Hence my reply back, and buy the time he informed me he was as such.. I had gone beyond caring.

So where do I go.. from here. I see the rules for the Joe public on the forum, but what about some rules for MOD’s.. like, they must make aware to all, that they are mods, they also must abide by the rules that they set out for others to follow, and so on. I just feel that from what I have been told, this is not the first..nor the last time this kind of thing will happen. As I thought a forum is a place to go, to talk, enjoy new subjects, and new friends..learn new things and such, that was all I wanted, but it is not what I ended up with.

Yours sincerely

JayH-StealthMan

Ps, are my dots - …. Really that bad, it’s simply the way I type, but I have refrained from doing so, this time lol.
If Tom banned you, you deserved it. Having read the thread in queston you chose to take the sarcastic route, as opposed to listening to sound advice on "Netiquette".

You can attempt as much as you like to come across as some kind of pseudo intelligent victim of discrimination, it doesn't wash.

I suggest you retreat slowly into the corner, have a read of the forum a bit more and you will find the Mods aren't that bad, in fact they are all quite simply fantastic. Hence they get picked to be Mods. Alternatively, feel free to come up with some more smart ass remarks, and a little smattering of bad attitude. We'll see how far that gets you.

Oh yeah, read the rules. It isn't up to us to educate you, it's up to you to learn the rules of this house.

JamesH

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
birmingham
I know that this really isn't my place to post but even so.

Tom Allen is a respected member of the paintball community, he is like a GOD to the sport and knows a hell of alot! ive asked him a few things and he has always been freindly and helpfull. Sometimes Tom is blunt but hey thats just tom! haha. he has been here as far as i can remember and yeah i know it says i only joined this year but me and my freind used to read this forum on his account. ive been playing 4 years and i always seem to remember him here.

Oh and about your '...' habbit, damn that is anoying the same as pigeon does this?!?!?!?! after every line but i keep my mouth shut :D

Hope this gets sorted out mate, and welcome to the forums! we arnt bad people even though you or should i say We got off to a bad start, hope to see you balling in the future sometime.

JamesH

TGR

Oct 12, 2008
Jay you have to remember mate that, we are all here because of them, no mods no forums,

They set the rules, we follow-dont follow and you will get wacked with the ban stick,

What Dusty and Sid have said is spot on,im only posting because i think its funny you feel the need to have a rant about why you got banned,

Have you ever visited a forums called pb nation out of intrest?

Did you change your ways while on holiday?

EDIT: james your right, ive been in pb for about 7 years had a year out tho, tom is a pb legend, hes better than that tech pb guy from youtube!

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
F*cking hell Tom. How big a c*nt are you?

Seriously, i can't even look at you right now. 2 days? Is that all? Losing grip man, you're losing your grip...

:)

Jay, seriously...you had no idea he was a mod so you were cheeky. Hows about not being cheeky in the first place? You know, treat everyone with courtesy and respect? Then when you become a mod you can be an ******** like me.

JayH-StealthMan

Apr 17, 2009
DORSET... POOLE
oh ok

I think there is a simple question here, to be answerd! why it all started, too many dots, and someone having a go at me!! "Do you have a breathing problem, is there a reason for this method of typing"
should MOD's not say they are a MOD, and should they be allowed to attack like he had, MOD or not, i understand your points, i really do ok! but my apparent sarcastic remarks?? were not intented for anyone but for someone i thought was having a go at me, it is that simple. ( kinda pointed this out in my OP )
but i am guessing that many of you will be adding your opinions to this post, and telling me where i am so in the wrong.
sorry, but i know i am/was in the wrong for a number of things, ok. but re this posting, when is someone going to answer the question..? mmm i wont be looking or finding an answer in the too near future

oh no, here comes me second holiday.

sorry guys, but i think i have been missunderstood in many ways. but then, that is fine.

and as for snipes, towards someone.. mmm can someone not ask, without being sniped on here. i guess not.

cheers for reading, and for your opinions that really do not amount to much, Yes..including mine.
sorry for being a "newbie" is all i will add.

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
oh ok

I think there is a simple question here, to be answerd! why it all started, too many dots, and someone having a go at me!! "Do you have a breathing problem, is there a reason for this method of typing"
should MOD's not say they are a MOD, and should they be allowed to attack like he had, MOD or not, i understand your points, i really do ok! but my apparent sarcastic remarks?? were not intented for anyone but for someone i thought was having a go at me, it is that simple. ( kinda pointed this out in my OP )
but i am guessing that many of you will be adding your opinions to this post, and telling me where i am so in the wrong.
sorry, but i know i am/was in the wrong for a number of things, ok. but re this posting, when is someone going to answer the question..? mmm i wont be looking or finding an answer in the too near future

oh no, here comes me second holiday.

sorry guys, but i think i have been missunderstood in many ways. but then, that is fine.

and as for snipes, towards someone.. mmm can someone not ask, without being sniped on here. i guess not.

cheers for reading, and for your opinions that really do not amount to much, Yes..including mine.
sorry for being a "newbie" is all i will add.
Is it not obvious witht he big red username that they are Mods?! :confused:

JayH-StealthMan

Apr 17, 2009
DORSET... POOLE
Hey Bon.

mmmm no, in a word. As being a 6 day or so "Newbie" had it's drawbacks.

cheers for the other notes.. " JamesH " yeah sometimes, someone somewhere starts off on the wrong foot! and i am no exception.
just wanna get on..and Paint and chat. and laugh, and talk and buy and sell and and and.. and when i do wrong. be told.. to stop because of!!

cheers dude

Status
Not open for further replies.