Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Are remotes good?

PaulBox

Oct 8, 2013
SW Herts
I'm just getting in to paintballing and am buying some gear. Haven't got a marker yet but am thinking about something like an Etha.

Basically, I just wanted to know what the pros & cons of having your air tank on a remote hose are? When I've used an Etha with the tank attached it feels fine, but I kind of like the idea of having the tank out of the way.

Would appreciate your thoughts, cheers.

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
What others said me when I had the same question is that Remote lines are for the woods, where you can get it on your back, and you need to hide and shoot sometimes in complicated positions. Having the bottle detached from the marker can give you more adaptation capacity, and it is also less weight to carry on your hands.

On the other side, for Sup-air games, bottle back is used as a stock, to give you support on your shoulder and a remote line will remove this possibility.

Hope it helps you to decide.

Reactions: MorphMann

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
Thanks, to be honest I think I'll only be doing woods stuff, so I might give it a go.

:X3: What are Sup-air games?
Sup-air or Speedball is the tournament games, with inflated barricades to hide, in a small playing zone.

Look on youtube for PSP Paintball if you want to see how it is :)

PS: Remember that you will need to get a hanger or a battle pack with something to keep your tank in place, with a remote cord!

PaulBox

Oct 8, 2013
SW Herts
Sup-air or Speedball is the tournament games, with inflated barricades to hide, in a small playing zone.

Look on youtube for PSP Paintball if you want to see how it is :)
Ah yes, I know what you're talking about. I don't think I'm fast enough for that stuff...

PS: Remember that you will need to get a hanger or a battle pack with something to keep your tank in place, with a remote cord!
Yeah, that's actually why I'm asking, looking to buy a battle pack and deciding whether or no to get one that has the tank facility now.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
the likes of an etha the bottle makes a good stock, when you have a heavy or big marker bottle on the back is great as removes the extra weight and size. i tried my tm15 with bottle on back for first time it was a nihtmare, removed stock and it was same as shooting tourny style tbh way way better however i still prefer having a stock and bottle on back

bottle on gun also gives alot better consistency

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Not a fan of using remote lines unless absolutely necessary (such as running a pistol).

Benefits of running remote are that it preserves the look of a milsim setup (an M16-styled marker looks a bit odd with a 68/45 hanging off the ASA) and will lighten the gun.

Downsides are that you lose the nice stable shooting platform that you get when shouldering an ASA-mounted tank.....and might end up looking for add-on stocks, which undermines the weight saving from shifting the tank in the first place! Remotes are also a PITA for getting tangled up in woodland, especially the curly versions, even with a remote cover. Also the remote adds weight to your pack, which might actually be less enjoyable that having it in your arms and bottle pouches on tac vests can bounce around like buggery. Oh and you then have the difficulty of filling your tank - you either have to remove your pack each time or fork out on a fill whip.....which means you have TWO hoses to get tangled in bushes!

In short, stick with a tank on the ASA, remotes are a pain in the bum! :)

Reactions: PaulBox

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If still using a speedball style gun such as the Etha youo will still want to use it with the cylinder attached in the woods.
(Unless you choose to use it with an EMC bodykit and stock)
You could use it without a stock and on a remote line but it won't be steady

When opting for remote line you have the following choices:

Basic remote line with no slide check. Avoid these as the air is constantly on and you cannot remove it from the gun without reaching back to your bottle and turning off the air. (But you can get one very cheaply) These can also be upgraded at a later date using the appropriate fittings.
http://www.demonpaintball.co.uk/air-co2-systems/remote-lines/ninja/ninja-stainless-steel-straight-remote-line-no-slide-check-.html

Standard remote line with slide check. This is the minimum option, you can switch off the air using valve at the gun end of the line and disconnect to put down the gun. They are simple designs and though some are prone to leaks if the finish is not clean and damaging the o-rings. But are easily sorted using just 2 sizes of o-ring, and a bit of PTFE tape to reseal the threads.
http://www.demonpaintball.co.uk/air-co2-systems/remote-lines/ninja/ninja-straight-remote-line-with-slide-check.html
http://www.demonpaintball.co.uk/air-co2-systems/remote-lines/ninja/ninja-coiled-remote-line-with-slide-check.html

Push button on/off remote line. These are a newer design which automatially releases air when connected and seals when disconnected. They are more complex but are less prone to leaks. The male connector has a longer end and you need to make sure you don't bash it on concrete when on the gun and the line is removed - if you do then you get a sharp end and may rip the little o-ring.
http://www.demonpaintball.co.uk/guerrilla-cobra-coil-remote-hose.html
http://www.demonpaintball.co.uk/air-co2-systems/remote-lines/ninja/ninja-ptc-remote.html

If you look at the current prices you can get the better remote lines for the same price as a standard on/off.

Once you have your remote line and your bottle bechind your back, you now consider how to fill it. You may take it out to refill, or you may opt for a remote fill line.
This attaches to the cylinders fill nipple and you can connect to the fill station.

http://www.demonpaintball.co.uk/browse-by-brand/ninja/ninja-fill-whip-hose.html

MUGS

Mar 4, 2013
sheffield
I would advise leaving the remote hose alone, I had 2 first a Cobra Coil which exploded on me while stood still (no wear or marks on line as it had just been checked) and the second replacement line leaked so I don't use them anymore. as mentioned above the bottle is a good stock, it puts your marker good an high so you can wear your mask comfortably and see down the markers line of fire (don't bother with sights ether)