Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Are remotes good?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I've never thought that sights would be useful in terms of aiming, but thought that a scope of some kind could help you see someone hiding, is that not the case?
My latest comments on sights:
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/milsim-markers-poor-design-for-paintball.160993/page-2#post-1471785
You can see further with a telescopic sight, but get tunnel vision
If someone is hiding then you scanning an area with sights will give them more of an advantage while you are concentrating on a reduced view.
If you know roughly where they are and use a sight to look deeply into it then it could help, but then you have to be able to do something about it with range and accuracy if you need the sight to see them

The best things for fitting to you marker are:
A camera - but a gun camera as opposed to a head camera will get more ground and air footage
A torch - for night & indoor games - but be disciplined and keep the light off except for when you knowit won't adversely advertise your position or highlight teammates - eg room searches

PaulBox

Oct 8, 2013
SW Herts
If you know roughly where they are and use a sight to look deeply into it then it could help, but then you have to be able to do something about it with range and accuracy if you need the sight to see them
That's the kind of thing I was thinkig about, when you can see that there's somebody hiding behind wooden boarding or a pallet, but can't see if your paint is getting through the right gap.

Agree though, that if you are that focused on one spot there's a good chance that someone might nail you on a diagonal which you might have spotted if you'd had both eyes open.

Rewan

Aug 12, 2013
Cornwall
I'm just getting in to paintballing and am buying some gear. Haven't got a marker yet but am thinking about something like an Etha.

Basically, I just wanted to know what the pros & cons of having your air tank on a remote hose are? When I've used an Etha with the tank attached it feels fine, but I kind of like the idea of having the tank out of the way.

Would appreciate your thoughts, cheers.
Having a remote line will make shooting off-hand more difficult as the line will have to go across you.