Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

arrghhh, marker choices

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
right, i'm upgrading from my belpved impluse to a high end marker at the end of summer, my budget is going to be around £1300, but that has to include a new (dye) podpack and an air system.

what would you guys reccomend (other than an e-blades and other cockers, please don't post about them, i know enough already!!!).

so far have considered an IR3, dragon timmy and an angel speed. what do you guys think about them and what else would you reccomend?

i play mid, usually defensive but sometimes offensive, you know how it is. i get through 500 or so rounds a game if i stay in till the end, so a 4500 psi air system is a must.

joowon49

Colonial Fury
Oct 9, 2002
Fairfax, VA
Visit site
Save your money for paint. Get 2k2 timmy. a little less than $1000, and its a sweet gun. or you could go all out and get a storm timmy or a lasoya timmy. Those come with WAS boards.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
you guys are at MM5 go to Angel stand and try the Angels for yourself(or even ask the lad on your team that tried the Speed out at MM4 and get his opinion). There is an Angel Stand at the Big Game as well.

pupster01

www.Teamapoc.co.uk
Nov 13, 2001
Watford
teamapoc.co.uk
Originally posted by joowon49
Save your money for paint. Get 2k2 timmy. a little less than $1000, and its a sweet gun. or you could go all out and get a storm timmy or a lasoya timmy. Those come with WAS boards.
listen to the man

or you could go for a GZ timmey and add a W.A.S. board either way they rock there light and dont use much air.

I bought Beakers Flame Red GZ with all the bells and whistles and she straight rocks. Just switch her on and play.

THe only thing to remember is if your using a halo you will need an adjustable ram cap thats about it. If you see me out and about your welcome to try mine

oh and to date mine has never chopped a ball :)

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
EVERY marker Bob makes has a W.A.S. (or W.A.S.P.) board in it. W.A.S. simply stands for Wicked Air Sports, which is the company where Bob gets his boards.
However, there are 2 styles of W.A.S. boards used in the 2003 markers, the SOB board and the Equalizer board (BOTH are W.A.S. products). The Equalizer board is the higher end board used in the Storm, LaSoya, Ironmen and Dragon markers. Z models (formerly the 'GZ') and the 2K2 contain SOB boards.

If other websites or publications write that the Storm comes with a W.A.S. board they are not incorrect. HOWEVER, they are not clarifying WHICH MODEL of the W.A.S. board it contains.
Direct from http://www.boblong.com/

Buy one of these in the UK and you aint going to get much change out of £1300

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
actually i'd get around £400 change if you know where to shop (that aint sponsorship)

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
i think a dragon timmy with a 4500psi xtreme nitroduck reg is calling...............

shwoomie

Trivoga Baby!
Feb 26, 2003
Finland
www.trivoga.com
personally i think the dragon timmies are the biggest market hype in the timmy line (xcepting the lasoija)

since they are nothing more then milling (like every other timmy)
but other then that good markers ..

go with GZ,2K2,or Ironman

and upgrade with W.A.S that would be my choice!