The Home Of European Paintball

Autococker or upgrade

P8ntbllr99

Long live the Matrix
May 4, 2002
USA all the way
Visit site
mmmm

I could spend $1150 maximum but i just found that out because i got a new job so i didnt put that on the forum, and to answer your other question i have never fired an autococker but i have fired an impulse if that helps ,please reply again

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
an autococker is a good reliable gun.
no its nothing like an impulse. an imply is for speed, and moderate accuracy.
a cocker is for unrivaled accuracy, but average speed.
ive never shot an excelerator of any model.

its very simple, try one, if you like it then maybe buy it.
if your buying new, go for the best you can afford, and if you can go to air, cos its alot kinder on the gun.
if your looking second hand, then try and find out the guns history, and have it checked over by someone who knows cockers. and ALWAYS check the date on the bottle. (ref. little know rule.... or something like that, in Techroom)

eric

Dedicated Pot Bitch
Aug 23, 2001
US, Ohio
Visit site
Originally posted by Billy No Mates
an autococker is a good reliable gun.
no its nothing like an impulse. an imply is for speed, and moderate accuracy.
a cocker is for unrivaled accuracy, but average speed.
ive never shot an excelerator of any model.
B]

People, please dont post stuff when you don't know what you are talking about. This crap about the "unrivaled accuracy" of cockers is total bull. If you dont believe it go to www.warpig.com in the tech section, the did a test on accuracy of closed vs. open bolt.

I have shot and played with TONS of guns. There is not really much difference between the high end guns. Just play with a couple of guns and see what you like. Most people will let you shoot their gun and some might even let you play a few games with them.

As for your question I would get rid of the 4.0. Blowback guns are a bad design and they are just bad to play with. They are so popular because they are cheap.

ball bouncer

Jun 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
I responded to this post already in the TECH forum but I figured I can add more input than the 2 cents I dropped off over there.

Is the cocker deadly accurate? Yes, with the right barrel and settings.
Is it more accurate than other guns? Generally yes.
Is it the most accurate? That can be argued forever.

For the record, I own several cockers, an angel, a Sterling pump, 2 tippmanns, and have come across a bunch of other blowbacks that I have gotten rid of or junked.

Right now, my cockers are more accurate than my angel! Well, at least to my senses. Go figure. (And yes, they have the same barrels.)

Anyways, if you don't know much about cockers, than I STRONGLY urge you to do your research and learn about them. Also try them out before you buy one. You might fine the pneumatics too confusing or complicated (it's really not) or you might not like the sliding trigger.

One good place to get info on the workings of a cocker is at www.paintballravi.com.

Also, keep in mind that if you're a crappy player, then buying a cocker, mag, angel, etc. will just make you....a crappy player with a nice gun.

If you're not playing well in a game, is it the gun or you?

bouncer