Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Autococker or upgrade

I take it that you are looking to buy new???.
If so why?, there are plenty of second-hand bargins to be had and for $1150 you can get a lot of marker for your wedge.
I would recommend going to a site where a lot of walk on players go and asking for a quick try of their markers, un-beleivable as it may sound most players will be happy for you to have a go of their $1000 + marker. this way you can find out which marker you like the feel of.
One word of warning though if you are going to upgrade that Jt excellerator at the end of the day it is only a blow-back spyder clone and thus will have all the problems associated with this range of markers, no matter how much you spend on it.

smartecosse

Dec 29, 2001
land of the picts
Visit site
Originally posted by eric
Yes, I wouldn't suggest that you get a cocker unless someone near you (friend/store) is a real cocker knowhow.
i was under the impression that as long as you didn't mess with the cockers then they were trouble free. certainly the only maintenance i've ever done on mine is to oil it once month.

however the shocker i have has had to have the LS board replaced, the IR3 needed a whole new board as well and the vision impulse has a dodgy solenoid.

electronic v's mechanical for reliability - just down to the luck of the draw i spose

ball bouncer

Jun 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
i was under the impression that as long as you didn't mess with the cockers then they were trouble free. certainly the only maintenance i've ever done on mine is to oil it once month.

In general that's true. Most cocker problems happen when people mess around with the gun but don't know what they're doing. This happens when players add on aftermarket markets or touch the timing settings. But if you leave a cocker the way it is, it should give you no problems.

bouncer

eric

Dedicated Pot Bitch
Aug 23, 2001
US, Ohio
Visit site
Originally posted by smartecosse

however the shocker i have has had to have the LS board replaced, the IR3 needed a whole new board as well and the vision impulse has a dodgy solenoid.

electronic v's mechanical for reliability - just down to the luck of the draw i spose
Yeah but every time you change a part you have to re time it. If you can't do this yourself it can be a real bitch.
And eventually something is going to go down. You might blow some internal o rings, blow a hose, etc.